Decent Lightweight but comfy Saddle any suggestions?

MaK-71
MaK-71 Posts: 38
edited April 2013 in Road general
Owdo My old Spesh Toupe saddle has died.....a big crack up one side of it underneath Grrrr! been riding a Toupe 143 for around 4-5 years now.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for a decent lightweight saddle I quite fancy a change.
Looking at possibly changing perhaps to a Fizik antares Vs any other suggestions?
Deffo need a channel or cut out to stop the boyz going numb!

(I am pretty hefty 90kg rider got a Charge spoon on the MTB find that ok for upto 2 hrs
Toupe becomes uncomfy around 4hrs)

Any advice welcome :D

MaKKa

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Erm, if it works why change? Get yourself another Toupe (struggled not to snigger typing that) and keep your arse happy.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • MaK-71
    Mmmm I know ur right I just fancied a change, but it will probably end up a costly round the houses affair! ....... Anyone got a decent Toupe for sale drop me a PM

MaKKa
  • mattmaximus
    mattmaximus Posts: 132
    Get a romin test saddle, see how that compares. I've had three now and the evo with ti rails is my favourite.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I've got a Romin and it's brilliant. I dont think there is much difference between the Toupe and Romin shape, so as said - stick with what works. I recon a saddle is pretty much the last part you should experiment with once you find what works for you.

If you fancy a change - you could always buy a different colour!! :)
  • ThanksBye
    ThanksBye Posts: 519
    And Specialized are now doing a 30 day money back guarantee, if you dont like it return it and swap it for other specialized goods.
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • MaK-71
    Cheers for the help guys...... think its going to be another spesh 4me, that cycle store offer is bang on, £70 for last years model toupe pro! Wicked :)
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Make sure you have the correct clamp for the Pro as the carbon rails are a different size and shape to traditional rails.

I have a Toupe Pro and S-Works. The S-Works is the comfiest saddle I own.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • MaK-71
    Ahhh good point! Just in time ..... my credit card was twitching!
    Do you know if a Thompson elite seatpost will be suitable for the carbon rails?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Yup, works just fine.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg