Helmet Cam footage, and what to do with it?

pkripper
pkripper Posts: 652
edited April 2013 in Commuting general
Just a quick one - I commute with a helmet cam purely as a source of reference in case someone takes me out (so I don't have to fund another carbon frame from my own pocket!). Periodically, I capture some really bad driving or something that could, if it wasn't for the awareness of others that would have been involved had they not taken evasive action maybe had different outcomes. A particular example of this is the coach driver driving along the north embankment reading papers at the wheel, or the person driving with the dog jumping around on their lap, or the truck driver that decides he wants the lane you're in so he's having it whatever, effectively forcing cyclists off the road. Oh, and a myriad of cycling RLJs!

Presently, as in all cases I've not been involved in an accident, nor captured another, I've kept a few choice clips purely for my own reference just to show friends etc the type of incident i described to them. Now I have no desire nor intention to be some militant slef-righteous helmet cam campaigner, as it's not a war and far more consideration to other road users needs to come from all sides, but was wondering what others who use helmet cams do with the footage?

Comments