Oh what a tangled web...

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited April 2013 in The bottom bracket
they weave - and caught in frost they are unspeakably beautiful - but heres the 'science' of them

893352_577769192244096_623917274_o_zps6e96284b.jpg
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    They are not unspeakably beautiful - I have heard people speaking about them. This is not science - it is just a diagram and it discriminates against tunnel web varieties. Under Sharia law you would have your abdomen cut open to expose your cyllindriform gland. You would get no sympathy from me.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    I expected that response on the web :lol:
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    It's also not tangled - tangled implies a confused mess whereas the spiders web is far from this. Come on man pull yourself together.
  • Lagrange
    I am fairly certain that there is a substantial mis-use of English in this post too. You would note that the title of the post has no verb in it nor a full stop. In addition - and here I speak as the Regius Professor of Entomology (and English of course) - the deer bot fly depicted as being captured IS NOT the natural prey of this genus of spider and the use of the term 'swathing' in this context is just as ridiculous as the diagram of the encapsulated deer bot fly. Also what is referred to as the 'drag line' is in fact the 'right lateral descending cantilever'.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Lagrange wrote:
    I am fairly certain that there is a substantial mis-use of English in this post too. You would note that the title of the post has no verb in it nor a full stop. In addition - and here I speak as the Regius Professor of Entomology (and English of course) - the deer bot fly depicted as being captured IS NOT the natural prey of this genus of spider and the use of the term 'swathing' in this context is just as ridiculous as the diagram of the encapsulated deer bot fly. Also what is referred to as the 'drag line' is in fact the 'right lateral descending cantilever'.

But anyway, it was a nice pixture Mr Cleat.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Cleat Eastwood
    Lagrange wrote:

You know that, I know that, but the does the spider know that :lol:
  • Lagrange
    stupid stupid stupid.

From the spiders perspective it would be the LEFT ASCENDING cantilever.

You are stupid!
    VERY STUPID.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    You know that, the spider knows that, but do I know that :lol:
  • Lagrange
    Yes BECAUSE IVE JUST FOCKING TOLD YOU!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Sorry I wasnt listening - I was watching this spider :lol:
  • Lagrange
    Anyway - I've reported you to the authorities for breach of Scientific American Naturist copyright and intellectual property. I WILL NOT TOLERATE criminal activity and hope you get life banged up in a supermax facility and share a cell with a supermax rabid pervert.