I do like a good...

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited April 2013 in The bottom bracket
Chart every now and then.

69226_340384156066692_983782134_n_zps791ca284.jpg
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    This scale doesn't help because you could put people in both categories as people defrauding benefits normally work on the side and also defraud inland revenue.
    Living MY dream.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There is nothing illegal about tax avoidance, btw
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Would be interested to know the proportions of each in the "avoided/evaded/uncollected" section (as they're very different things).
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    VTech wrote:
    This scale doesn't help because you could put people in both categories as people defrauding benefits normally work on the side and also defraud inland revenue.

Do you deliberately set out to miss the point of every thread or is it just a foible you are exercising for a friend? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Well I think it's a good point well illustrated by the chart.
  • VTech
    team47b wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Do you deliberately set out to miss the point of every thread or is it just a foible you are exercising for a friend? :D

The chart was a question to which I answered. Sorry if that offended you.
    Living MY dream.
  • cruiser33
    cruiser33 Posts: 464
    Yes, highlighted very well.........Benefit fraud; parasites!
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    The problem is Cleat, It's all wrong and it's all f*cked up!

Admitedly one element of the above is illegal, but all of its immoral. After years of frustration and trying to do the right thing. (I ve always had politics that have tried to be humanistic and avoided cynicism), the bastards have now broke me.

My attitude nowadays is , "Im alright Jack" as long as it doesnt knock on my door or get in mine or my families face then f*ck it.

I ve driven myself mad over the last quarter of a century trying to do the right thing? thinking the best of people and being benevolent to my fellow man wherever possible.

Now I m just out for me and Mine!

Divide and Conqeur they've succeeded with me, and I wonder if that was the whole idea.

Everyone is too over concerned as to what they are entitled to, rather than what they can contribute or do to improve things.

I m ashamed to say, I can't beat them, so now I bloody well join them :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Tax avoidance although not illegal is fundamentally immoral. The fact that this government is squeezing us when all they really need to do is close all the tax loopholes which in itself speaks volumes, if there was ever any doubt about the motives of the bullingdon brigade.
    Just read in the Grauniad that there is an estimated $32 trillion in offshore accounts which is more than the combined GDP of Japan and America.
    If you are rich and self-empowered, like the Tories, love them, carry on. If you are not so well off and you like the Tories you need a full frontal labotomy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I only wanted to point out that the circles looked like big nipples :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • tim_wand

Nipples of the sagging Breasts of the Nation, with everyone sucking them dry.

Ex Etonians shouting for their "Bitty" and Sixteen Sibling households causing Mastitis, whilst Mother Britain trys to sustain her ungrateful brood.

Yer looked like Nipples to me too Cleat.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930

Funny looking nipples! Must've been a Stoke lass eh? :)
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    never mind what cleaty said

Nipples of the sagging Breasts of the Nation, with everyone sucking them dry.

Ex Etonians shouting for their "Bitty" and Sixteen Sibling households causing Mastitis, whilst Mother Britain trys to sustain her ungrateful brood.

Yer looked like Nipples to me too Cleat.

Bravo Wandy Tim - riddled with metaphors.

Reminded me of a quote from * and The Roman Agent:

"...and in the Roman senate, old Stradivarius is getting all strung up in his well modulated tones calculated to raise a crowd to fever pitch. He is settling an old score with Caeser..."

Do you think this lot (forumites) might be clever enough to quote superb examples of Rhetoric and Metaphor and have a thread labelled such?
  • team47b wrote:
    VTech wrote:

aww, he's in my killfile list, everytime you quote him I have to read the drivel he's spouting :evil:

well I suppose I could still ignore it :)
  • VTech
    team47b wrote:
    VTech wrote:

aww, he's in my killfile list, everytime you quote him I have to read the drivel he's spouting :evil:

well I suppose I could still ignore it :)

Woohoo :)
    Someone loves me enough to put me in a killfile list, I now feel complete.
    Living MY dream.
  • tim_wand
    Your bigger than that VTech, you ve even got a world wide owners club on Pistonheads.
    I see stickers for it in the back of all the Yutes cars.
  • pinno
    "Yutes" - had to look that one up. Whilst I am here, can someone tell me how we got to this?

From a pictogram like pyschadelic boobies (according to prof. Cleat) to Yutes cars. Team47b - can you tell me where the apostrophy goes in...

"...all the Yutes cars."