Most prestigious brands

2»

Comments

• Schindlehauer, Quitmann, Brompton, Gazelle, Batavus
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It's the forum I feel most at home in (not especially interested in FTP or bash-rings either)

I think this is a key point though - I probably feel most at home here too. However, this is probably because when I started riding, sorting myself out for the commute was the priority. After a while I started going to the road forums as well but the comfort factor of Commuting isn't the commuty stuff itself as such - more it is because this forum has a more inclusive feel given that a lot of the contributors here do other riding at the weekend (and that range also makes it more interesting in some ways). I certainly do and I think the weekend riding defines me more now than that of the week even though I cover more miles as a commuter.

Of course, there are riders here who do nothing but commute in cycling terms (and I feel deeply, deeply sorry for them! :lol: ) and I think that they will certainly be less brand conscious. I tend to wear fancier stuff at the weekend - on the commute mostly Aldi kit as it does the job as well as the fancier kit but nobody is looking at me! Mind you, I wear the Aldi at the weekend too when I judge it to be the most appropriate kit for the job!
    Faster than a tent.......