So PBK will go down the toilet then...

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
We are delighted to announce that PBK has been purchased by one of the UK’s most successful and fastest growing technology companies, The Hut Group. The Hut Group brings a wealth of experience in international, multi-category online retailing. All the experience gained from growing companies such as Myprotein into the UK’s No.1 sports nutrition brand, will be used to make PBK even stronger.

The move secures PBK’s long-term future and will ensure the company goes from strength to strength. We have already moved to a larger, more advanced warehouse to facilitate improved worldwide delivery to over 100 countries. The site is also being upgraded in terms of speed and overall shopping experience.

The Hut Group is committed to delivering exceptional customer service and is currently integrating PBK into our state of the art call centre to ensure operations continue in a smooth and efficient manner. The integration is in the final stages and we expect service levels to return to the highest standard in the next 24 hours.

The Hut Group is awful

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    spasypaddy wrote:
    The Hut Group is awful

How so?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    But PBK has always been excellent - I can't foresee massive changes in terms of service - surely all the changes will be behind the scenes.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    TBF they were bought by the Hut group back in January & quite a few people have used with no issues & a few have had issues so sounds like business as usual.

One BR user had issues - viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12915277 but appears to have been sorted out now
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    spasypaddy wrote:
    The Hut Group is awful

How so?
    just from my dealings with them as the owners of zavvi and of myprotein.
  • Things will change, maybe imperceptibly at first. They've (presumably) laid out a fair bit of cash for them and will wanting to make the business 'sweat' a bit. Same thing happened with Wiggle when they were bought, at first no changes, then you could see where they were changing things on the discount structures (e.g it no longer applied to the Sportives they organized) and order processing slowed down to a crawl unless you selected a paid for delivery service.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    They do a great Deep Pan Meat Feast though
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Things will change, maybe imperceptibly at first. They've (presumably) laid out a fair bit of cash for them and will wanting to make the business 'sweat' a bit. Same thing happened with Wiggle when they were bought, at first no changes, then you could see where they were changing things on the discount structures (e.g it no longer applied to the Sportives they organized) and order processing slowed down to a crawl unless you selected a paid for delivery service.

I must be lucky, unless desparate I go for free delivery and 8/10 times its next day or the day after.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • domatool
    domatool Posts: 2
    me too,unless desparate I go for free delivery and 8/10 times its next day or the day after.thank you
    12.gif
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I'm wondering whether this has precipitated the flood of surveys on every bike part vendor I've ever used - Feefo, YouGov etc etc surveys piling into my inbox :roll:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    not a one off for me, two orders last night only minimal bits, some from wiggle some from crc both free P&P..
    Wiggle exact order time 22:45
    CRC exact order time 23:15
    guess which one had processed and already dispatched by coffee o'clock this morning..

whereas the wiggle order will be lucky if its processed today at all :?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    bushu wrote:
    not a one off for me, two orders last night only minimal bits, some from wiggle some from crc both free P&P..
    guess which one had processed and already dispatched by coffee o'clock this morning..

Personally, I've found Wiggle excellent. 2-day delivery to the Highlands FOC - much much better than most. Only Royles has been consistently better with next-day delivery the norm.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    aye saying that I've had wiggle orders 'in progress' turn up at work unexpectedly
  • bushu wrote:

Personally, I've found Wiggle excellent. 2-day delivery to the Highlands FOC - much much better than most. Only Royles has been consistently better with next-day delivery the norm.

Must be me they've got a downer on, probably because I live just down the road
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    That probably explains the two poor customer service e-mails I have seen fit to send them recently.

In the second one I actually lamented the demise of the old PBK 5+ years ago levels of service without realising a formal change. I just thought they had lost sight of one of the main foundations of their sucess
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')