Painful Tuesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

So, I'm not sure Judo last night was a good idea. I ache like a b1tch! I've found lots of bruises all over me, making me realise my crashes on Sunday weren't quite as pain free as I thought.

I seem to have put on weight in the last week as well, I've not eaten brilliantly. So starting now, I'm on emergency rationing.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    edited April 2013
    Morning Scuttlers

I hated judo when i was at school, especially when i had to try and tominagi a 25 stone lad and ended up a crumpled heap thrown across the hall ending up in the orchestra pit.

Anyway, today is work and shopping and avoiding the house as manchild replacement is back has crashed his car and has no work at the minute and seems to have forgotten me telling him he wasnt particularly welcome, roll on moving out day as i imagine hes going to be here a while.

Did a semi dummy run of the new commute by driving down to the loco sheds and riding flexo in, not bad but need to sort the gear ratio

Anyway the mirth that is Merthyr calls, tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    I shouldn't be awake this early, its not fair.

standard work blah today with a fun trip to the dentist thrown in.

can anyone send me some motivation please?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    bg13 wrote:
    can anyone send me some motivation please?

Showing as out of stock, at the moment, following a rush after the Easter break. I can do you a twofer on 'crushing dispair', if that's any help? Or you can have 'numbing apathy' (it would be a personal favourite if I could be bothered to choose one).

Mornin' yellow-bus passengers,

Not a lot planned in work apart from a little testing in the morning and maybe some addtive-layer shizzle later. Mostly I'll be swotting up for the new job, I think, and drinking coffee. Becasue drinking coffee makes me sophisticated and attractive to ladies (at least according to the adverts). But this reminds me of the time I tried wearing tampons to help me rollerskate and play tennis. That didn't work, either.

There shall be no baconz.

Onwards! To caffiene! And inappropriate use of work time!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Meh, knackered, need sleep or exercise - def not another day of work followed by study, but that is the agenda :(
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning monkey fiddlers.
    today i will be leaving my desk and going to one of my other desks in one of my other new offices :?
    Before then i get to play on the M25 and drink coffee.

Last night i finished the building of all the furniture, I'm almost out of all the boxes now, soon i'll be able to sit down and enjoy my new house?

Anywhooo

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Resident blackbird was in fine voice at 0430 this morning. I just wish he would hold off for about another hour and a half.

Last day that the boss man is on holiday so I'd better make the most of loafing around pretending to be busy but not actually achieving anything.

Cake making minion is lacking in her recent offerings so there are no cakes / biscuits / other nice things to eat.

Caffeine is not working too well so I may need to up the dosage.

Later……
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

spent 3 hours riding cc downhill track last night - i didn't realise it was that long and would take me 3 hours to get down! :wink: had a great time and got some nice pics. aching today though.

where's this rain come from? i hate rain :x

onwards to quite a productive day as i have tomorrow off to take my son to his first day of school :shock: where's the time gone?

laters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening all,

Of to denmark to provide tax training today. hate talking in front of people :(

otherwise free lunch and a drive to Heathrow terminal 5...

laters
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Really feel like shouting at my housemates inept boyfriend. He really is a moron. I do not want to wake up to him shouting at her through the house about breakfast and really there is more to life than Crossfit. I am sure he really only has one brain cell.

Great start to the day as you can tell. Not an amused bunny at the moment.

Mum has been stirring with Bridezilla last night hence this morning I have been bombarded with texts and emails from both sides.

Gym this evening to deal with my frustrations with everything at the moment.

Why don't you fly from Bristol instead of Heathrow?
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Revision meh continues today, with a brief trip to the doctors, some bike fettling and tennis mixed in for good measure.

Laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Day off fudgenudgers!

The gf is off as well so I have sent her to cook bacon, sausage and black pudding whilst I shower, then off to ride bikes.

Need to take her car to the garage as her m.o.t ran out last week and I forgot.

Still, this day shall be known henceforth as 'Win.'
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Quiet day in the world of museums today. no events on so i'm office bound which displeases me as i now have to look busy in front of the bosses. Might have to hide in the theatre all day 'testing' the projector by watching films.
    I'm on my 3rd coffee of the day but no bacon consumed.

Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    'Noon Mongs!

Busy again, much work work and much home work to do. 3 reports, covering for 3 minions and 2 managers, ordering birthday presents, fixing & reducing our mortgage, finding strange sized tyres for another bike that's being re built.

The wife's getting a bit moody as currently in the stable are the Inbred, 456, PX Team Al, PX Pro Carbon, 3x Peugeot Carbolite Teams, 1x Raleigh Olympic, 2x Marin MTBs 1 full Suss 1 Hardtail they only have the Marin Stickers left so not sure what they are and haven't had time to find out. 1x solid wheeled 'butchers' bike with rod brakes. This doesn't include the family's 6 bikes.

Waiting to see if 2nd interview will happen this week. Hope it does.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Thewaylander
    Shared houses suck, want out of my asap but saving to get a deposit for a little place is not easy these days.

And why heathrow over Bristol, because Bristol has every other day flights and im home tomorrow night... not staying in denmark a day longer than i have to... It's a rediculously boring place.
  • MissCMC
    Seriously this man/boy is an idiot. Apparently it's acceptable to have the heating on all day so that you can walk around in shorts in winter because you don't like wearing trousers. I couldn't put up with him. I barely do at present. Everything is on a very short fuse. I have enough for a deposit, just don't know where I want to live yet! And if I get more then I can have a house in the country/by the sea.

Denmark was great. Well Copenhagen was when I was there last year. Might have something to do with the fact that the trip had nothing to do with tax, and that I was being looked after by a load of my future brother in laws Danish friends. Tivoli while incredibly drunk is great fun.
  • Thewaylander
    It's ok for a short trip,

But been there for longer periods, on work and privately for an ex girl friend and outside that its pretty dull, and hugely flat. And on the whole the people are very apperance orientated (if thats a good or bad this is perosnal drives me up the wall).

And best figure out where you want to live before you get done for GBH :wink:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    And best figure out where you want to live before you get done for GBH :wink:

i have a nice little house for sale in pontypool. *cough*
  • MissCMC
    Pontypool? Hmmm doesn't really work for me working in Swansea. Although so fed up here at the moment I am looking for new jobs. No ties and all that so can really go wherever I want...

Just found out that they are doing office photos tomorrow for our website. Have been told we have to come into work in smart casual. I have specifically been asked not to wear my usual incredibly casual attire and make an effort as I am actually a solicitor and grown up and need to project this tomorrow. Not sure I actually have any smart stuff left. Not amused at this development.

Bored so looking up flights to go somewhere just to get away from here. Hmmm Munich... haven't been there in years.
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:
    Seriously this man/boy is an idiot. Apparently it's acceptable to have the heating on all day so that you can walk around in shorts in winter because you don't like wearing trousers. I couldn't put up with him. I barely do at present. Everything is on a very short fuse. I have enough for a deposit, just don't know where I want to live yet! And if I get more then I can have a house in the country/by the sea.

Are you sure your housemate isnt going out with mrs Gs sisters ex bf or current boyfriend as it sounds like having to share with them, well the ex lives her legit but the current sponger sorry bf just dosses here so he can spend his money on craaaap. seriously want to buy a house and head carmarthern way but all my cash is tied up in my wolvo house, still the rent i get pays my rent here, but im so glad were moving, i am never sharing again.

Talking of drinking do any of you southys fancy a crudder mash up in cardiff soon? Need a good excuse for a good sesh
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Gazlar wrote:
    Need a good excuse for a good sesh

Drinking or biking? Inviting me drinking is like inviting a Rabi to a hog-roast.

Mind you, inviting me biking isn't much different! :lol:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Evenin' Skidmarks,

I'm knackered but at least we got our companys year end tax numbers to ferkin well add up tonight :roll: Think I'll have a little lie in tomorrow as nobody else is going to be in work early after this evening's fun & games. Going cold turkey on bikes as well but too frikkin' busy!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MissCMC
    Are girls allowed to attend drinking events? I feel there is a bottle of gin somewhere with my name on it at the moment!
  • Gazlar
    Of course, besides on the crudcatcher theres no such thing as womenz, just attractive men plumbed in wrong.

And with cats
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp