Scott Spark 40 - Twin Loc issue

Cjmc
Cjmc Posts: 13
edited April 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I have a new Spark 40 that arrived today and once I completed the small build-work required I took it for a spin. It's a great bike but I noticed that switching the Twinloc remote controlling the Rock Shox Reba RL Air 120mm on the front and the DT Swiss M210 at the rear resulted in very little difference.

I have the version that only has two modes, Full or Lockout. In Full there is plenty of movement in both the front and the rear, however, in Lockout mode there is slight less play on the front but still tonnes of play on the rear. I've had cheap bikes in the past that the lockout switch pretty much completely stopped play.

Is there something I can do to adjust either through cable tensions or air pressure?

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Cjmc
    Hi, thanks for the reply. It has twin barrel adjusters on the twin loc control. I've given it about 5 turns of adjustment, tightened it up but I still notice very little difference. I prob weight around 90KG with gear on, so I wonder would increasing the pressure of the shock allow for lock out? What is strange is that there is virtually no discernible difference between full and lockout mode for the rear. The front is better

The bike is a 2012 model yes.

Thanks
    Chris
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Cjmc wrote:
    Hi, thanks for the reply. It has twin barrel adjusters on the twin loc control. I've given it about 5 turns of adjustment, tightened it up but I still notice very little difference. I prob weight around 90KG with gear on, so I wonder would increasing the pressure of the shock allow for lock out? What is strange is that there is virtually no discernible difference between full and lockout mode for the rear. The front is better

The bike is a 2012 model yes.

Thanks
    Chris

Still sounds a little wrong.

Regards the rear shock you should notice quite a difference in lock out. Adjusting the pressure is as you said just adding your weight (inc gear) and setting the sag if you put more in all you are doing is adjusting that value
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Cjmc
    Cheers for the response guys. I think it could be the cable or a problem with the shock. Might bring it down to someone who Knows what they're doing rather than me trying to fiddle about with things. There is plenty of pedal bob in the lockout mode. It looks like the shock is engaged but I'm no expert I'm afraid
    Cheers
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Probably for the best if you cant get the bottom of it yourself.

Have to say that I love the feature on my bike and never thought I would use it as much as I do, but I find it so easy and quick to use and really transforms the bike on the climbs. So worth getting it checked out and set up probably.

Good luck, enjoy the new bike & let us know how you get on.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Cjmc
    Got the shock pumped up to 170psi (it was only at 80psi) which has helped limit pedal bob but still can't get a discernible difference between the lockout and normal on the shock. Will get a pro to look at it
    Cheers