picked up new bike today..happy days

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
So I finally got the bike home today(defycomp 2).It was ordered before xmas but with illness and weather I just left it safe up the lbs.My plan was to do my 1st 50 on my 50th on my new bike.The 50 i cracked sooner than hoped,my 50th has just gone this week and the roads are still to salty to get me new one out,so it can wait longer yet.
Also picked up my new giant kit to match, so roll on the day when it all comes good for the first ride.Cant wait. :D
Had a very good bike fit and all seems as it should be.

Just wanted to share my joy with like minded people. :D
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    Too salty? Whats it made of..........rice pudding? Lol get out there and stop messing about ffs.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • elderone
    pride4ever wrote:
    Too salty? Whats it made of..........rice pudding? Lol get out there and stop messing about ffs.
    Im well aware of what its made of and I have a bike for this weather.If I want to choose a nice day to try it thats my choice and I got it for better weather.

To be fair you always come out with such sh1te,If yot got nothing nice to say then dont bother.
    I made the post because im like a kid in a sweet shop and wanted to share,if that spoils your day then your a sad man.
    No doubt it being a giant will boil your pisch as wel. :(
  • pride4ever
    elderone wrote:
    pride4ever wrote:
    Im well aware of what its made of and I have a bike for this weather.If I want to choose a nice day to try it thats my choice and I got it for better weather.

To be fair you always come out with such sh1te,If yot got nothing nice to say then dont bother.
    I made the post because im like a kid in a sweet shop and wanted to share,if that spoils your day then your a sad man.
    No doubt it being a giant will boil your pisch as wel. :(

download1_zpsa06c7203.jpg

..........oh dear me, time of the month is it?
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Congrats on the new bike. I picked up a defy comp last summer (my first road bike) and absolutely love it.
    Know what you mean about the 'kid in a sweet shop' thing, just that the sweets are a LOT more expensive!!!
    Hope you have many happy (and safe) miles on the new bike.
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    It's a great feeling, it's a drug, the only way to feel this good again is a new bike next year too :D

Never taken my bike out in the rain :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pride4ever
    Its like Paris- Roubaix never happened lol. Do you leave the plastic film on your couches too? WOW when did cycling become an hobby for big girls. My grandad will be turning in is grave.
  • team47b
    I get about 330 days a year to go out when it's not raining, why would I choose a day when it rains?

I'm not gonna get wet for you or your dead relatives. :D

Guess I'm a big girl then.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Lets have some pics please, time for some bike p0rn
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • elderone
    Cheers lads for the nice coments,Im still buzzin.

I,ll do some pics when I finished adding the extra,s on.Got some carbon bottle holders and the garmin mount to put on,plus the peddles.

None of it will make me any quicker,but i,ll be smiling more.
  • pride4ever
    team47b wrote:
    I get about 330 days a year to go out when it's not raining, why would I choose a day when it rains?

You guessed right.
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    I expect you to be at least 2 minutes quicker up horseshoe pass 1st time you take it out :D

If you can't get excited about your new bike then what's the point. Let us know what it's like to ride. Glad you've got it, must seem like an age since you ordered it. Enjoy.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    pride4ever wrote:
    team47b wrote:

You guessed right.

Are you Captain pride4ever or am I mistaken?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • elderone
    Canny lad wrote:
    I expect you to be at least 2 minutes quicker up horseshoe pass 1st time you take it out :D

If you can't get excited about your new bike then what's the point. Let us know what it's like to ride. Glad you've got it, must seem like an age since you ordered it. Enjoy.
    ha ha,the last trip up the horse shoe was into a mega head wind and it was dire,I could go quicker on a nice day on a chooper :D
    Its been ages but to be fair I wouldnt have used it over this winter so wasn,t that bad waiting and another cpl of weeks wont hurt either,just build up the excitement more. :D
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    Ah, picked up, not picked!

When I got my 3 back in October, I didn't take it out either if the road was wet, for several weeks.

Then I got so impatient waiting, I just thought sod it, I'll clean it if it gets mucky.

I guess it's different if you've got two bikes, I've only got the one, but even so, I'd still say ride it rather than just look at it.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • sancho_uk
    sancho_uk Posts: 141
    Congratulations on the new addition!

Its a nice position to be in when you can pick and choose the bike you want to head out on depending on the weather / road conditions :)

I`m hoping to be in the boat one day! For now my Focus Cayo is my all weather / all riding conditions bike.. Suppose it takes away the headache of having to choose which set of wheels to head out on :D

Enjoy your new purchase, look forward to the pics!
    Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra 2012
  • team47b
    declan1 wrote:
    pride4ever wrote:
    team47b wrote:

You guessed right.

Are you Captain pride4ever or am I mistaken?

I'm sorry I have no idea what this means, am I missing something?
  • pride4ever
    Glad your enjoying your new bike OP, please go out and ride it and dont worry the air wont mark it.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    pride4ever wrote:
    Glad you're enjoying your new bike OP - please go out and ride it and don't worry, the air won't mark it.

FTFY.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • iplod
    iplod Posts: 83
    Congrats, i know it's been a long wait for you.
    SOLITUDE. It's not for everyone.

Trek 5.2 madone 2007
    Ribble audax/winter 2010
    Bianchi infinto 2012
  • team47b
    pride4ever wrote:
    Glad your enjoying your new bike OP :D

FTFY- see not so difficult is it?