Offredo

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited August 2013 in Pro race
Il a une attelle au doigt, reprend l'entraînement mardi et devrait être au départ du GP de Denain jeudi

Finger in splint, training tomorrow, racing Thursday :shock:

chute-Yoann-Offredo-Paris-Roubaix-crash-accident.jpg?7042aa

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    edited April 2013
    Was watching it live on TV and had just sat down from coffee making duties about 1 minute before this happened. Think he was fortunate that the bike hit the sign & he flew over, plus thought it was going to be another high speed face plant akin to ten dam.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • danlikesbikes
    edited April 2013
    Personally think if it had had a hay bale would have been a few feet from the sign & at the speed he was doing and is trajectory from clipping the curb would have sent in head first into the sign.

Guess they could have put the bale up and tied to the front of the sign but having someone with a flag might have been a better option.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    having someone with a flay might have been better
    Are you suggesting he should have been flayed before or after he fell off?
  • danlikesbikes
    Graeme_S wrote:
    having someone with a flay might have been better
    Are you suggesting he should have been flayed before or after he fell off?

No sorry my mistake & now edited :oops:

Was just in the middle of trying to multitask & showing that the generalisation of men not being able to do this is true.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382

Was just in the middle of trying to multitask & showing that the generalisation of men not being able to do this is true.
    :mrgreen: a real classics man like Kelly would have flayed himself afterwards for the lack of concentration ;)
  • danlikesbikes
    Graeme_S wrote:

:mrgreen: a real classics man like Kelly would have flayed himself afterwards for the lack of concentration ;)

Well part of my multitasking did include a verbal battering to the person who caused my normal internet ramblings to be so poor. Less a lack of concentration when replying, more a case of trying to temper my response on BR so as not to let my demon response come through.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Graeme_S wrote:

Yeah. He could always seperate the wheat from the chaff. He'd have used one of these on himself.

_MG_8414.jpg
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,451

That's not the first time he's had problems with his whereabouts.
  • danlikesbikes
    Sounds like he will be back sooner rather than later - http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/offredo ... baix-crash
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I like this one from l'Equipe

You know what's going to come next...
    0e6fb.jpg

But actually, the damage doesn't look too bad at all
    8c284.jpg

Whole sequence of P-R crashes at L'Equipe
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-rout ... omber/1497
  • danlikesbikes
    That top photo of him looking back just makes me cringe you certainly do know whats coming
  • danlikesbikes
    Looks like his injury might be worse than thought - http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -case.html

Sorry that it links to a Larry story but its all that I could find online basically states;

Paris-Roubaix victim Offredo suffers fractured sternum
    Yoann Offredo (FDJ), after a doctor's visit Tuesday, revealed that he fractured his sternum and ribs in Paris-Roubaix. He underwent a brain scan yesterday.

The Frenchman crashed dramatically against a sign-post with 124 kilometres to race and abandoned.

Plus if you follow him on twitter he has some of the X-rays posted too - https://twitter.com/OffredoYoann/status ... 56/photo/1
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Didnt see that one. Makes sense to have them in one thread. Glad you like you avatar.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Didnt see that one. Makes sense to have them in one thread. Glad you like you avatar.
    to be fair i had not seen the actual ad - so thanks for that
    does anyone know the exact location of that sign ? googlemaps

re avatar :like it and thanks allez Thibaut La passion la passion las passion -- hopefully one in yellow/white
  • 970464_483729775050090_718832187_n.jpg
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I'm guessing guy on left is Offredo, Rollin in the middle with Demare on the right?
  • does anyone know the exact location of that sign ? googlemaps

http://goo.gl/maps/Cfnyq
  • frenchfighter
    6115565039_07d518192e_b.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest