Funday Sunday

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Mongs!

Up already and about to head off on the bike.

Today will consist of finishing the greenhouse, walking the terrierist and making sure the kids don't try and kill each other.

Valuable lesson of the week - remember that the Sun £5 holiday changeover day is Friday and that any train into London will be filled with value alcohol drinking stinking retards who think its funny to vomit all over the seats and piss in the doorways.
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    been up for what seems like forever. finally managed to sort the gears out so would be rude not to take the bike for a spin at some point. might just be road miles though.

the rest of the day may or may not involve alcohol and/or films
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    morning

It was fantastic to wake up this morning in a warm house after a week in the worlds coldest log cabin, the problem being our house is still half rebuilt so no kitchen or carpets and everywhere smells of paint. Thankfully they start the kitchen next week, so we are only a couple of weeks away from normality.

That is until we get the bi-folding doors fitted.............. more to the point IF as despite being in a low ebb of the economic cycle, no ferker seems to want to qoute for the job - impressive

Today is study all day, with the odd bit of helping the wife shift big stuff in the kitchen, so basically pants.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    'sup bumders

Revision meh. May turn into playing FIFA.

TTFN
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    In California - Si Valley - working and ' is cheaper if you fly out on a Saturday'. Cheaper to fly but I've spent a fortune on food and beer to completely outweigh the economics of going early. Now about 0:430 on Sunday - pool, shops, work, assignment in and prepare for war on Monday.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I'M SO TIRED IT MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH MYSELF IN THE FACE!!!!

work meh, but after 18hrs on Friday and 17hrs yesterday, at least today is a nice half day (more commonly known as 9-5)

Stop having fun, its not allowed.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    ste_t wrote:

work meh, but after 18hrs on Friday and 17hrs yesterday, at least today is a nice half day (more commonly known as 9-5)

but at least the money you earn from being a rent boy isn't taxed :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon troops,

Another spin out this morning. always nice to have a bright day!

Good news is the new bike rangers is arranging a meeting for riders to come in and discuss the awful trail work at Cwm so fingers crossed!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Artnoon.

Well, my detour to FOD was a waste of b****y time. A DH race had filled the trail-head car park and all laybys about 1mile each way. :roll: To add insult to injury, the spazwangle driving the uplift bus and trailer nearly took the side put of my car by being unable to drive around corners. :evil: What a fun visit that was.

Clearly, some higher power doesn't want me mountain biking! :lol:

F**k it, I'm going to service the CX bike.

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:

but at least the money you earn from being a rent boy isn't taxed :D

Being a rent boy would probably be less painful. And their holidays are better.

Currently 1 hour late finishing, got an hour or so of price changes still to sort for tomorrow. Gonna get me some beers and some sausage(s & mash)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Clank wrote:
    Artnoon.

Well, my detour to FOD was a waste of b****y time. A DH race had filled the trail-head car park and all laybys about 1mile each way. :roll: To add insult to injury, the spazwangle driving the uplift bus and trailer nearly took the side put of my car by being unable to drive around corners. :evil: What a fun visit that was.

Clearly, some higher power doesn't want me mountain biking! :lol:

F**k it, I'm going to service the CX bike.

Onwards!

If you turn right out of the trailhead car park then left at the crossroads just past the house theres another car park a few hundred metres up on the left hand side with another visitor centre, it links onto the family trail and over the wooden bridge to the verderers, just for future ref sir.

Evening scuttlers

Off to bed in a bit as I have an early return to work in the morning, but had an enjoyable day of steak and geocaching to round my hols off, ah well 3 weeks to go until my next week off so time to knuckle down
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Evening Losers!

Well, we've all managed to survive Wales with few injuries. Knackering weekend, but fecking excellent. Loved it. Met great people, rode some downhill and only fell off twice.
    Now I'm back home, curry has just finished cooking, so I'm going to eat it, watch something, then bath and bed.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Opps sorry didnt think should have mentioned the DH and the FOD trail half marathon were on today so probably caused havoc. I don't notice it living about a mile from the uplift drop off. There are a couple of car parks up there or alternatively I use the car parks at Cannop Ponds or Beechenhurst.

After a day/evening of cider and ale testing yesterday I managed a run and ride this morning. Haven't a clue how I managed to get up at 8am.

Today has been a day of visiting the church and marquee for Bridezilla with a return home via the farm. Have 7 orphan lambs to feed on the bottle at the moment. Not enough hands to feed them all at once so they fight, bite and headbutt you while you are feeding the others.

Finishing some work for tomorrow this evening. I really love drafting deeds.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    MissCMC wrote:

After a day/evening of cider and ale testing yesterday I managed a run and ride this morning. Haven't a clue how I managed to get up at 8am.

Theres a nice cider farm at the back of my new pad, Gwynts
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp