Shock pumps a waste of money?

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    mcnultycop wrote:
    I'll repeat what I typed above:

I never said anything about angles.
    I'll repeat what I said above then - if it's not angles WHAT is it about then?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Chain and sprocket wear in the small to small combos, over stretching the mech in big to big.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If 'overstretching' where an issue, why is a 1x chain set the same way as a 2x or 3x? The mech is then 'overstretched' in EXACTLY the same way in the largest at the rear on a 1x as it is in big/big on a multi front gear bike.

Small small, maybe will wear the smallest (easiest to replace) sprocket a bit faster, but really not an issue is it....so agree with chainangle and not useing big/big and small small, but the next gears in are really not any more an issue than mid/big or small.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.