Shops with full-face helmets, in London or MK

cyclotom
cyclotom Posts: 11
edited April 2013 in MTB buying advice
Would like to pick up a full-face helmet for an Alps trip this summer. When I picked up knee and elbow pads last year, I bought online and had to send a few pairs back until I got the right size / shape.

Would rather not go through that hassle with a FF helmet, especially as fit is more important. Can anyone suggest any bike shops in (ideally central) London (or Milton Keynes) that would have a selection for me to try on?

Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,728
    Not seen any in passing as Central London shops tend to be more roadie oriented with most of the MTB stuff being at the XC/trail end of the spectrum. You should try ringing the big Evans store just off Great Portland street - probably the biggest bike shop in C. London and there's a Cycle Surgery just round the corner from it. Otherwise there's a Spesh 'concept' store in covent Garden that might stock their own brand FF helmets.

Or just buy a couple of sizes of what you fancy from an online retailer with a free returns policy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Id have thought either chaineys or pinks in MK would have some to try worth giving them a ring first though. I know Evans carry a couple though not sure what ones they are.
    Also not sure if corleys have any but worth a ring.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not seen any in passing as Central London shops tend to be more roadie oriented with most of the MTB stuff being at the XC/trail end of the spectrum. You should try ringing the big Evans store just off Great Portland street - probably the biggest bike shop in C. London and there's a Cycle Surgery just round the corner from it. Otherwise there's a Spesh 'concept' store in covent Garden that might stock their own brand FF helmets.

Or just buy a couple of sizes of what you fancy from an online retailer with a free returns policy.
    This

The only place I can remember ever seeing FFs stocked in central was in the Spesh Concept Store, but obviously it's just their helmets they stock... I know on cycle surgerys website you can check if a product is in stock in one of their stores. Or if you head into evans with a couple of helmets in mind you want to try, if they don't have any in stock they can check stock levels at their other stores, easier than looking around them yourself, they've done it for me in the past with a few components.
  • Also worth checking out Pedalworks in Dunstable and theres also a very good shop in buckingham which stocks high end MTB gear (I don't know what it's called).

Paul
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    There's some fullfaces in Cycle Surgery near Liverpool Street/Spitalfields. Not the main store there but the one around the corner has their biggest MTB selection I think - probably easiest to ask them for directions in the main store to be honest as it's down those wee narrow streets. But it's easy to find then and quite a good selection of Spesh, Urge, Poc and 661. They'll also price match online sites if you can produce a link to something in stock somewhere cheaper in the UK.
  • cyclotom
    cyclotom Posts: 11
    Thanks for all the tips - I'm going to save a copy of this thread. Always struggle to find MTB specific kit after work in London, as (obviously) it's mostly commuter stuff that sells.

Thanks again everyone :)

Tom