Joining a club

muzzan
muzzan Posts: 203
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
Hi,

A club near me have an intro run tomorrow & I have tried contacting them through the week through their website, but have not heard anything back. Do you think it will be ok just to turn up or would this be frowned upon?

Cheers

Comments

• themekon
    themekon Posts: 197
    No just pop along and introduce yourself. Especially if it's an introduction run.
  • AlahDamIt
    AlahDamIt Posts: 44
    Yep agree just get in there.
    Bianchi infinito 2012
    Specialized Secteur
  • muzzan
    Just what I thought & wanted to hear :-)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Noone minds people coming along.

Just bring stuff to fix a puncture and enough food.
  • cyclingfury
    cyclingfury Posts: 676
    Just don't join any of the clubs in the Glasgow area.

Nah, just joking........ :)
    I`m doing my first also Muzzan.I went on the website but luckily for me i got responses so although we still havent met at least they know who i am.
    One good thing is that the weather is good for tomorrow which is great considering its our first outings.Good luck mate.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • muzzan
    Well I went for it & had a good day. Lovely weather & the pace was pretty moderate (I was the only total newbie, so think it may have been a bit slower for my benefit).

Just need to get used to the formation riding, only ever ridden on my own so the discipline & close quarters riding took some concentration, but think I did not too bad. Glad I did it for sure.

http://app.strava.com/activities/47468932
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Glad you enjoyed it mate.

i`m off on my first in about half an hour and like you am a bit concerned about the close riding.A frosty start too here so full gloves on to start i think.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • mr_joe0606
    mr_joe0606 Posts: 104
    Davdandy wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed it mate.

i`m off on my first in about half an hour and like you am a bit concerned about the close riding.A frosty start too here so full gloves on to start i think.

how did it go? who did you ride with?