Seatpost twists help

gt5xcr
gt5xcr Posts: 77
edited April 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys, my seat post started to twist at the top where it joins and now I can pull it apart. It looks like the 'Glue' that holds it together has failed.when I sit on it it swivels round.does this mean new seat post time or could I use evostik liquid metal glue as sold by halfords to stick it back together. I will get a new post soon as cash flow allows but as temporary fix do you think this would work .

Thanks for any advise guys , much appreciated .

5xcr (Kevin )
GT I_DRIVE 5 XCR IN BLUE.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'd try araldite, make sure it's really clean first, if not, new post time.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Take the time to consider the worst that could happen before you continue to ride on it - I'm thinking, two or more bumps in quick succession, the first of which makes your saddle fall off . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • gt5xcr
    gt5xcr Posts: 77
    Thanks for the replys guys, araldite could be my temporary fix and today I got the bus to work instead of my off road route. Sorr
    GT I_DRIVE 5 XCR IN BLUE.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.