Help needed everyone

probox
probox Posts: 24
edited April 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi everyone I need some help well on December 23 my bike was stolen from my home luckily the bike was insured not that such things should be need anyway my insurance company was very long winded to say the least so I got a bike now the insurance company will only give me a bike of my choice upto £1800 as I have a bike it will be for resale and the insurance company are fine with that so I need all of you's to give me your opinion on a bike for 1800 for resale a easy sale they prefer evans cycles many thanks albert

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Stick to big name brands like Spesh or Trek, maybe get a last years model for a discount, sell asunused, that should maximise return, that or see if you can do a deal with someone on here wnting a bike so you buy it direct for them and agree details in advance?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Also watch ebay to get an idea of selling prices, I watched a trance like mine go through ebay for 1100 quid, the RRP was 1700 but as it was an end of year sale I got it new for 1300. So I know that if I ever decide to sell I should get a decent return.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • probox
    probox Posts: 24
    Thanks great advice
  • alvamat
    alvamat Posts: 2
    good idea,So I know that if I ever decide to sell I should get a decent return.thank you 12.gif