Anyone flown Air Transat to Canada..or anywhere

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited April 2013 in The cake stop
If so what are they like, im talking economy class.

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    They're like a airline... it's all much of a muchness tbh. Good price on the bike box, friendly staff both on the ground and airside (the check-in gladly gave us two seats with the one in the middle and blocked it out when the flight was almost full to give us more room with the baby with me only having to mention it.)

Not unlimited drinks etc. service, but then you don't get that on that many of the big airlines now either.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Burndust
    Burndust Posts: 100
    i'd be interested in hearing folks experiences on this too, flying with them in june to canada, went with air canada last year, which was inc with the holiday package....found them pretty good considering the things i'd heard about them.... i have heard the seating in economy on air transat is pretty bad?
    Boardman CX Team
    Carerra Crossfire 2
  • no unlimited drinks??? ffs!!!

there prices are so cheap, i wondered what the catch was...no legroom, tiny weight allowance, crappy old planes, no enetertainment systems, clapped out stewardesses...etc etc.

burndust where in can did u go on air canada?
  • Burndust
    Burndust Posts: 100
    flew into toronto and out from vancouver....did an accross canads tour...was epic
    Boardman CX Team
    Carerra Crossfire 2
  • MattMTB
    MattMTB Posts: 95
    I flew with them to Calgary last year, no problems at all. There was no frills, but they're a darn sight cheaper than the competition. You get what you pay for! :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    if you know which plane you're on you can check seat pitch and width on seatguru, if you can choose seats it's useful to see which are the good/bad ones...

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Tr ... etinfo.php
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Flown them loads of times. Both within Canada and TransAtlantic. nothing wrong with them. Just a charter airline so prices are low.
  • Flown with them twice, the in-flight experience was great. Took priority boarding for baggage, check-in and security screening. Food and entertainment sources were also up to the mark.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Bloody hell that must have been a long fight. Nearly 7 years