backpain on the drops

radiation man
radiation man Posts: 446
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
at the moment my bars are just a bit lower then my seat and my backs ok, when i drop down to the drops i get lower back pain, im thinking of dropping the bars more as most say it helps the bars being lower then the seat, could this make back worse or better.?

Comments

• Is your stem flipped? its that you are lower you are in a more flatter (comfortable) position rather that your current arched back position when the bars are lower! plus your more aero :D:D:D
  • my stem is now a 100mm +17degree, with all the spacers underneath, i could flip the stem and put some spacers on top, my bike has been like this for about 3 yrs, as i was told for more comfort have the bars and seat the same, so both my bikes are like this now
  • my winter bike has a 100mm +7degree rise and the frame is more upright
  • nmt
    nmt Posts: 88
    my stem is now a 100mm +17degree, with all the spacers underneath, i could flip the stem and put some spacers on top, my bike has been like this for about 3 yrs, as i was told for more comfort have the bars and seat the same, so both my bikes are like this now

I was told the complete opposite in a bike fit session the other week he actually took all the spacers out from under the stem and it's not causing any problems.