oops rookie mistake :S

xchudy_1325
xchudy_1325 Posts: 85
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
had to take my wheels off last night to get the bike in the car as i had no lights, anyway i was tired when i got back in done 12miles there then judo lesson and upon putting the wheels back on i forgot to lock the brake locks back in there locked position,

i didnt realise until anther cyclist pulled up along side me and let me know....thankfully no harm done and had only gone 5mins down the road....lesson learned!

:oops:

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    in cycling terms thats possibly the worse crime ever - dont let it happen again :evil:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • in cycling terms thats possibly the worse crime ever - dont let it happen again :evil:

really pissed off at myself for it :evil: , but it wont happen again
  • 5mins, not 5 miles, plus i wasnt going fast, and they still had a little bit of grip when i pulled them , feel really stupid for it, just glad a lesson wasn't learnt the hard way
  • djm501
    djm501 Posts: 378
    Try not to beat yourself up about it - I rode home a couple of days ago with my cycling tights the wrong way around - I survived this and have not felt the need (until now ;)) to broadcast my incompetence. Just get over it and don't do it again.
  • Rockhopper
    Rockhopper Posts: 503
    My brakes still work okay in the open position, infact on several occasions I've only realised that i'd left it open by looking at it after the ride.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Probably different with Shimano but with Campag, all that happens when you put the brakes in open is that the brake lever springs out further. The actual biting point is exactly the same so once you have got past the dead zone, it doesn't actually make any difference whether the brakes are set open or not.
    Faster than a tent.......