Theres a disturbance within the force!!

smoggysteve
smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
edited April 2013 in The bottom bracket
Something weird just happened today. My wife let me buy something for the bike. Not only that, but she thought it would be a better idea to buy a more expensive version as "it made more sense"

I feel all married men should use this time to attempt to get something they would not normally be allowed. The dark side of the force is waning but it might not last.

Hurry, there may be not much time.......

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    April fools!

Oh, wait...

Really?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Has she got a birthday coming up?
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • smoggysteve
    No, Birthday was in January, Wedding anniv..... Oh Sh!t.. I'm doomed.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    You may be right, only yesterday I talked my missus into letting me buy a bike from the classifieds on here, only for it to be snapped up before I got the approval!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • tomhowells
    tomhowells Posts: 171
    He he, duped, you have been. Always an ulterior motive there is.
    Boardman 8.9 SLR - Summer
    Holdsworth La Quelda - Commuter
    Moda Intro - Winter
    Planet X Stealth - TT
  • herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    She is either having an affair or she has bought some new shoes you don't know about and she is feeling guilty.
  • smoggysteve
    Herb71 wrote:
    She is either having an affair or she has bought some new shoes you don't know about and she is feeling guilty.

If she were having an affair I would be eyeing up an Oltre XR limited edition. Hell, I would swap her for one.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    the force is spreading, I tried the 'should I buy this from Evans or from Wiggle?' question and was told I had to buy from Wiggle as 'you haven't bought anything from them for ages' :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    For me it's the other way round.
    My wife has hundreds of pairs of shoes and countless bags so I don't struggle if I want something to add to my personal collection. I think it's in the training, most people are so busy trying to make a good impression at the start of a relationship that they set the standards for later on and you end up being silently punished :)
    Living MY dream.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I reckon with summer coming its just a ruse to get us out the house as much as possible...probably got sick of us over these cold winter months :D
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    team47b wrote:
    the force is spreading, I tried the 'should I buy this from Evans or from Wiggle?' question and was told I had to buy from Wiggle as 'you haven't bought anything from them for ages' :D
    She'd noticed that there was no HARIBO in the house.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I feel all married men should use this time to attempt to get something they would not normally.
    Sex, for example?
  • smoggysteve
    Me-109 wrote:
    I feel all married men should use this time to attempt to get something they would not normally.
    Sex, for example?

Woah, think you are being bit unrealistic there buddy. Sex only happens if she is allowed to buy something. Don't you know how any of this works?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Has she smashed the car up? Have you checked your best bike over lately, has the frame been accidently sawn in half. Something is seriously wrong here...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • smoggysteve
    Usual 24hr bitchiness has been restored. still, I scored a lucky break. woohoo.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    I think I may need help very soon. The other day I was trying to decide which item to buy and the EPO steered me towards the more expensive option. Then after leaving my keys at work I was told I should put my bike in the kitchen for the night as I couldn't find the spare garage keys.
    Something is coming, I don't know what it is. I'm scared.
  • nick300zx
    nick300zx Posts: 219
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Then after leaving my keys at work I was told I should put my bike in the kitchen for the night as I couldn't find the spare garage keys.
    Something is coming, I don't know what it is. I'm scared.

You're scared, I've just got away with this!
    IMG_0560_zps20753f00.jpg

Of course i'll redecorate the spare room darling :mrgreen:
  • Casually dropped into conversation last week that some of the lads at the club use Gore cables and that they have really noticed the improved braking and shifting; "I'd love to put them on my bike but not sure the cost would be justified". My lovely wife then said "why don't you book your bike in to get the work done then?". Should I chance my arm and mention that I want to upgrade my wheels or be satisfied that I've got the new cables?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Casually dropped into conversation last week that some of the lads at the club use Gore cables and that they have really noticed the improved braking and shifting; "I'd love to put them on my bike but not sure the cost would be justified". My lovely wife then said "why don't you book your bike in to get the work done then?". Should I chance my arm and mention that I want to upgrade my wheels or be satisfied that I've got the new cables?

Wait a while after the cables then mention that your current rims are badly worn and could crack/explode and second. Then say you really need new wheels.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    nick300zx wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Then after... ...I'm scared.

You're scared, I've just got away with this!

You did - a purple wall, a Viner !!! (Not a Colnago/Willier/Pinarello) and worse - an American Jamis communter hybrid thingy machine, yeugh.

You can't post that pic of the hybrid communter thingy here - you will be lynched.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nick300zx
    nick300zx Posts: 219
    Oi that's not purple it's pebble stone! Just the crappy iPhone.
    Anyway Viners are a dying breed now so they should be hung on walls :P
    As for the Jamis, fair comment but its the wife's. Small price to pay for getting indoor storage. :lol: