Mikey41 Posts: 690
    Number 16... LMAO!! Thats brilliant!
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    I couldn't stop laughing at the speedboat as you see the guy get slammed to the right face first and out of shot and suddenly his sunglasses tumble out the boat in the other direction, dunno why but it had me in stitches seeing those glasses pop up like that!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    class - the landspeed guy is funny as. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Every one of those made me laugh out loud.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Good to see there's humour behind other people's pain. Maybe that's why non-cyclist websites happily post pics of cyclists being hit by cars and find it funny while we would get offended.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I love a good 'people hurting themselves' gif -

Watermelon_catapult.gif
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    The guy putting the cinnamon in his mouth was very funny! :D
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    GiantMike wrote:
    Good to see there's humour behind other people's pain. Maybe that's why non-cyclist websites happily post pics of cyclists being hit by cars and find it funny while we would get offended.

Did you actually look at any of it?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Day off work tomorrow. I suspect that I may be fashioning a toilet paper gun for Mrs C's return from work :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • GiantMike
    DesWeller wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

Yes, all very amusing and most were people filming themselves doing stupid things. The boat crash was horrible though and there were probably some serious injuries considering the toughness of a boat and the softness of a face.
    I couldn't stop laughing at the speedboat as you see the guy get slammed to the right face...
    I couldn't stop laughing at how the cyclists flew in the air when the car slammed into them...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    GiantMike wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

Yes, all very amusing and most were people filming themselves doing stupid things. The boat crash was horrible though and there were probably some serious injuries considering the toughness of a boat and the softness of a face.
    I couldn't stop laughing at the speedboat as you see the guy get slammed to the right face...
    I couldn't stop laughing at how the cyclists flew in the air when the car slammed into them...
    I have never quite understood why films of people having accidents are considered to be so funny.
    That 'Master of Mirth' Jeremy Beadle made a career out of it on 'You've been framed'. The people who found videos of kids falling off swings etc so funny, must wet themselves if they see an accident in the local park. But of course, they wouldn't. Most people would react with shock and or concern, depending on the seriousnesss.
    I am not having a pop at anyone who does find such things funny, I just don't understand why.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I have never quite understood why films of people having accidents are considered to be so funny.
    That 'Master of Mirth' Jeremy Beadle made a career out of it on 'You've been framed'. The people who found videos of kids falling off swings etc so funny, must wet themselves if they see an accident in the local park. But of course, they wouldn't. Most people would react with shock and or concern, depending on the seriousnesss.
    I am not having a pop at anyone who does find such things funny, I just don't understand why.

The Germans have a word for it.

The fella crunking too near to the treadmill is the best one.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • GiantMike
    Just to clarify, I'm not saying that people injuring themselves isn't funny, I'm just saying that we'd get high and mighty if somebody made a similar post involving cycling accidents.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    GiantMike wrote:
    Just to clarify, I'm not saying that people injuring themselves isn't funny, I'm just saying that we'd get high and mighty if somebody made a similar post involving cycling accidents.

That depends though, if it was a traffic accident yes, if it was someone riding no handed opening a can of coke and veering off into a park bench and going arse-over-tit that would be dead funny.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    I am not trying to gain any moral high ground. I laugh at other people's misfortune as much as anyone else. I just wonder why people find films of accidents funny when they would not have found the accident funny at the time. Is it the detachment? I don't know.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I am not trying to gain any moral high ground. I laugh at other people's misfortune as much as anyone else. I just wonder why people find films of accidents funny when they would not have found the accident funny at the time. Is it the detachment? I don't know.

The thing about 'funny' is noone can be blamed for their sense of humour, you see or hear something and you find it funny or you don't. I can't watch those clips, then sit for 15 seconds, decide if it warrants laughing, ...and then laugh. Its automatic.

With some of those clips its the very fact that they do get a bit hurt, after posing or doing something stupid that makes it funny. Its the combination. Not laughing at 'pure accidents'. I don't think anyone looks like they were killed.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    GiantMike wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

I'm sorry but that is selective quoting that a tabloid editor would be proud of. What I found funny was the sunglasses flying out of the boat in the opposite direction to which the driver had gone, I don't know why but it just tickled me. I wasn't watching any of the clips looking to someone get maimed and I doubt anyone else was either. Like mfin says, humour is fairly instinctive and sometimes hard to fit into defined conditions.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    http://fox2now.com/2012/09/05/police-ho ... ral-video/

For the story behind the boating video.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    “Comedy is tragedy plus time.” – Woody Allen
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Didnt aristotle say comedy was like a buckled wheel - or maybe he was talking about a buckled wheel. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    the boat one isnt funny really, looks like the guy got seriously hurt probably and the lady falling down the cellar. not funny.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875