Ass Saver Photo

Coach H
Coach H Posts: 1,092
edited April 2013 in Pro race
Can anyone help.

I seem to remember a start line image of one team recently using the Ass Saver mini mudguard
Cannot locate the gallery searching bikeradar and cycling news
Can anyone else remember where it was located?
Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    So not a Sagan/Maya thread then?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,452
    Wasn't it Lars Bak in Milan San-Remo, so Lotto-Belisol team?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    pretty sure it was MSR
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    It WAS Lars Bak at MSR. And I guess one or two others from the Lotto-Belisol team.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Coach H
    Thanks all, I have got it now.

Still sure I sure a gallery with it on Cyclingnews but cannot find that one
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    How does that thing protect your butt?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    They are awesome, I have several on my bikes.

They don't really keep you dry but they stop the water hitting your butt crack and running down into your pad.

Makes life so much more pleasant.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I swear, cyclists are getting more and more wimpy every day.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Herbsman wrote:

it should be full mudguards or nothing. Either you want to stay dry (and avoid cack getting flicked over the bloke behind or you dont (cos youre on your summer bike) this invention is neither fish nor fowl, Pah
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Those look dangerous if you crash in the bunch.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Coach H
    Herbsman wrote:

it should be full mudguards or nothing. Either you want to stay dry (and avoid cack getting flicked over the bloke behind or you dont (cos youre on your summer bike) this invention is neither fish nor fowl, Pah

I see them for use on summer bike during Sportives when you want to ride your best bike but it is wet on the roads. If it is lashing down I will just ride my winter bike (full guards) otherwise I see no reason to endure a soggy seat pad, which lets face it is not going to kill you but is more unpleasant to ride on than a dry one. It is nothing to do with being wimpy its to do with being smart with whats avaialble. After all there are plenty of 'old boy' Audaxers that think riding any bike that is not steel, has less than 36 3 cross spokes, does not weigh a metric tonne and comes fitted with a Carradice saddle bag that would incure excess baggage charges is 'wimpy' and will still ride the legs off lots of people on here :lol:
  • Those look dangerous if you crash in the bunch.

They're made from floppy plastic, not much thicker than that used to make plastic milk bottles.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Muckynutz do one now, only about £8 I've got a couple of the front ones on my mtbs. I'm half tempted to try one on my full suss bike to keep the grit out
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Those look dangerous if you crash in the bunch.

They're made from floppy plastic, not much thicker than that used to make plastic milk bottles.
    Yeah, they're barely thick enough to keep their shape. If you landed on one it'd fold up without any resistance.
  • Herbsman wrote:

I'd go further. Nuts to the bloke behind me. Nobody is forcing him to hold my wheel are they? I apply this logic to my own discomfort too.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent