Race Video

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited April 2013 in Amateur race
A little bit of early season racing 'action'. but we had the longest run into a race ever due to rumours of a snow blocked access road ( which actually wasnt).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPDRbh7WV5w
Not my camera work by the way, but I do appear :wink:

Comments

• saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Was this 4th Cat? maybe its just the video but that looks slower than our Sunday Club steady run!! :shock: :shock:
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Join in next time, you might win a few quid then... :wink:
    I did mention the long lead into the start of the race - longer than normal due to snow on a lane..
    the racing starts 1/2 way into his vid and a starting lap was probably sedate as none of us had ever raced here before as it MoD land and only just got permissions to use as a racing circuit.
  • I know its a TLI so technically there are no rules to prevent it, but in a BC race expect to be asked to remove a camera.

'3.2.7
    Pumps, spare tyres and race computers must be
    securely fastened. All other
    equipment not essential
    for racing purposes must be removed.
    '
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Not the most exciting race video I've seen!
  • I believe i encounterd the owner of the said camera who was reported to the commisaires at Darley Moor yesterday

I also told him we wont get £250 from quid been framed as theres nowt funny
  • themogulman
    themogulman Posts: 167
    Did he get the 2 guys having a fight though?
  • I have no idea - you may have mistaken a fight for me shouting 1st at a drongo who nearly t boned me because he was daft enough to be 'racing' whilst listening to his ipod, and secondly me remonstrating with the commisaires that number 59 was indeed wearing said headphones.

Let me re-iterate - im a commisaire myself - folk have been racing for years and years without ipods or video cameras, and there is a good reason they are not allowed.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Really? Sounds like the UCI are going to allow on-board video cameras soon.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Let me re-iterate - im a commisaire myself - folk have been racing for years and years without ipods or video cameras, and there is a good reason they are not allowed.

I can understand iPods (other digital music players are available) but what is the good reason video cameras are not allowed. Some are no bigger than a match box, I can't see what harm they would do. If you're worried about people playing with them and perhaps straying off line in the bunch, then maybe bike computers should be banned too?
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Let me re-iterate - im a commisaire myself - folk have been racing for years and years without ipods or video cameras, and there is a good reason they are not allowed.

I can understand iPods (other digital music players are available) but what is the good reason video cameras are not allowed. Some are no bigger than a match box, I can't see what harm they would do. If you're worried about people playing with them and perhaps straying off line in the bunch, then maybe bike computers should be banned too?

They might fall off? Same reason pumps, mudguards etc not allowed (as far as I'm aware). Its a race, bikes should be stripped back - bottles allowed and that's about it. Computers just about acceptable.

Can't believe somebody was racing with an iPod. Had one on our chaingang the other week and I thought that was bad!
  • BigMat wrote:

They might fall off? Same reason pumps, mudguards etc not allowed (as far as I'm aware). Its a race, bikes should be stripped back - bottles allowed and that's about it. Computers just about acceptable.

Can't believe somebody was racing with an iPod. Had one on our chaingang the other week and I thought that was bad!

Even if it did fall off, what damage would a matchbox-sized piece of plastic do? A lot less than a dropped bidon I would suspect.
  • interesting to watch any race video you notice a lot more you wouldnt usually notice in the moment