It's far too early for a Wednesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning losers!

I'm up and about as I have to catch the 6:35 bus to catch the train on time. It's my first time commuting with the public from da Hudd, so we'll see how i get on.
A craps night sleep hasn't helped, I've probably had a couple of hours at most. meh

Any who, tea and frosties area calling me.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Vetness continues today, last few days I'm on now before revisions resume. Anyway I'm happy, getting very hands on, and it seems they trust me for some weird reason as they've had me castrating stuff under supervision which is quite scary...

Anyway stitches came out my side yesterday so I'll be back on a bike soon, unfortunately my leg just isn't healing... massively crap.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Morning throbbers

Today has started well as son no.2 hasn't been sick in his bed and no.1 can now open his eye 75%.

Holiday schedule today is some work emails, then some study, then a decent run and then our good old friend bacon.

After that it will be a beach, boozy lunch, beach - I like holidays
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' goons of sector 7G,

Short week yet this feels like the mid-week hump. I've got an alledged 3hr meeting this morning. Kill me now. This afternoon however should see me playing with zirconium for a small project - it can get a little 'feisty', shall we say. I need to zap it at some point but my frikken lay-zur machine is still kapput and the Luigis are being a bit slow about sending an engineer over to replace the farked bit.

Still, out tonight with freinds (yes, I do have some - providing they stay inflated) which will be a pleasant way to end the day. Hopefully pizza will feature. Chocolate certainly will.

Onwards! To tedium! And cocoa products!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning,
    Took the short way in to work today, 16 miles, i reckon thats commutable by bike?
    Gotta pick wifey up from garage as she's getting the car serviced later, but now i have petty cash forms to do! When will the fun ever stop?

Hopefully getting out for a night ride later?

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    vwsurfbum - easy commute on a road bike............ :)
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning gusset sniffers,

The mrs told me she had a bizarre dream last night... something to do with coronation street and a piece of fish lodged in her nose... what does this mean?
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Cracking good morning here and long may it continue. Had a good night's sleep so feeling quite fresh after swimming last night.

The boss man if off for the rest of the week so this is a bonus. Cake making minion is back in too so this is a major bonus.

Brought the other bike into work this morning as it had been sitting in the garage way too long without being used. If the weather holds I think I will slope off early and play on proper bikes for a while. Need to get my fitness up again.

Time for tea and minion offerings.

Later......
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Great start to the day as new camera got delivered so just waiting for battery to charge so can get snapping.

Got to run No. 2 to a pony club test later then out to the Peaks with above item.

Might go into Meadow hall later to get eldest some new bathers for summerhols even might take him with me.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    In work today, which sucks.

BUT...the mighty popemobile passed its MOT, and the bike is in for a warranty repair on the shifter so should be back for the weekend, and I bagged a new front wheel for the banshee on ebay. So at least the back up steed will be available.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

I know this might seem weird but I've been really busy this morning and loved it! this job is boring sometimes and when something that actually makes me think happens, I enjoy it :lol:

was supposed to be going for a ride later but my mate thought it was Tuesday today and now can't go :x

I think i'll just pop out for a short spin anyway, just not the epic evening of dh we had planned

laters
  • VWsurfbum
    matthew h wrote:
    :shock:
    You are joking right?
    yukyuk.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work is boring. Can see tonight being a late one. Highest file load in the firm with the highest completion rate, therefore biggest bills. Why do clients like me and keep sending me work when I hate clients?

Gym was ok last night. Starting to feel the effects of running so much as I am now constantly hungry. Trying to persuade a group from work that a team entering the Cardiff Half would be a good idea. Last time I trained for it I ended up with a broken foot about 3 weeks by jumping off a tractor at the farm.

Last chocolate bunny is on the desk gradually being eaten today. I'm allowed. If I burn it off I can justify it in front of all the people in this office on diets (basically everyone else in the office).
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon Mongs!

Back at work properly now, loads to do, not enough time etc.

Might try and get out on the bike this evening, been holding off so far because I don't want to f**k my arm up again.

Interestingly although I didn't manage to get to the interview last week they still want me to go and see them. I thought this was something that never happened. Plus they want to pay me more money and give me a car (apparently).

Anyway off to spend 10 minutes finding another mortgage as our current fixed one's ending. Might even see about reducing the term to 10-15 years so I'll be under 50 when it's all paid off.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    You are joking right?

I would love to have a commute of only 16 miles. I'm still trying to get the job at Colchester Garrison that would cut it down to 12 miles. :x
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening party people,

Free food being consumed some kind of chicken mexican thing... Ride tonight first light evening ride of the year,, looking forward to that. Work is ok got a bit of a kicking at the reveiw saying i do my job really well but i don't put in enough extra (which is easy to say as my job no way relates to my job description anymore...). but otherwise life carries on.

Hope all are well, and CMC go for a ride :lol:
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    The morning was slow, the afternoon has just got better though, having checked my account, noticed a company had taken more than the agreed amount but after a quick phone call turns out it was the final payment.

I've no idea what the evening holds, might have to go look after a poorly young lady
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    You are joking right?

I would love to have a commute of only 16 miles. I'm still trying to get the job at Colchester Garrison that would cut it down to 12 miles. :x
    No sign of the wifes car yet so i may be commuting tomorrow? :shock:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MissCMC
    Stop bullying me Waylander!

Still awaiting the result of my salary review. Apparently they are making changes to make working here nicer. I can give them the answer to what makes working here more bearable - more money!
  • Thewaylander
    Encouraging dear encourage!

And money makes everything nicer if we are honest.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    that said, if you hate your job you might as well not bother, you'd still hate it even if you got paid more.
  • MissCMC
    Don't call me dear!

Oops just eaten a whole large Lindt chocolate bunny. Various looks of disgust being thrown across the office at me.

Money makes most things better.

My one sister has decided to book me in to try horses out for her this weekend to see if I will buy one for us. Not sure how this has come about that I will buy it and share it my siblings? Not sure where I am fitting this in with being chief brideslave aswell.
  • Thewaylander
    Ok dear :wink:

Dude where is that link.....
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Jayzuz f**kin' Haitch - when was it declared 'National Drive Like a W****r Day'? Did I miss the f**kin' memo??

That was six miles of perpetual near-death experience!

Chocolate! I need chocolate!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • MissCMC
    Whatever :lol:

And I'm not falling for the 'I love horses' thing.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    The day ends on a high, super LBS got my bike fixed for free in an afternoon, and there is wine!
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Thewaylander
    Ah that was a nice spin around cwm, pushed myself a bit firmer today, try and start building up the fitness and dispose of this slightly soft middle i seem to have developed over the last 3 or so months lol.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Evening Skanks,

Fark I'm hungry - eaten everything that's going spare and it's not enough. This always happens when I ride to work - 12 miles each way doesn't seem that much but Christ it burns up loads of energy. (Surfbum - 16 each way is do-able but maybe not everyday unless you're already in good shape).

Anyhow, boss is off to the Caribbean tomorrow so I'm in charge for 2 weeks :twisted: And the 2 office hotties have been given desks where I can perv at them subtly. Work's not too bad these days...

Think I'll drink some Drambuie now, that must have a few calories...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VWsurfbum
    Yeah I think twice a week max, & like you when I used to do the odd 13 mile commute it was a recipe for snackage
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty