Ordering through cyclescheme online?

sean88
sean88 Posts: 10
edited April 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Just wondering, can you order online through cycle scheme? After doing some searching on here and else where, it's looking like £500 would be best spent on a rockrider 8.0; (which is great) trouble is i'm no where near a store. I have searched but didn't find a definitive answer.

Thanks

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    No, you need to travel to the retailer as you have to prove who you are
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not sure that's right. I've bought from Paul's cycles online.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • RevellRider
    Every cyclescheme I have dealt with, be it a paper voucher or an e-voucher the customer has had to provide some form of ID
  • sean88
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, thanks for the replies, I did contact Cyclescheme directly last week but i'm still yet to receive a reply. But from what you say then it looks like I'll have to re-think which MTB I should go for. Not sure why Decathlon has completely avoided the North East!? We Geordies ride bikes too! :lol:
  • cooldad
    Why not contact Decathlon? - as I said I bought online using the scheme so it is done.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sean88
    cooldad wrote:
    Why not contact Decathlon? - as I said I bought online using the scheme so it is done.

Good idea, have contacted them just now.

Edit: Received a reply from Decathlon confirming in store purchases only. :(

Guess I'm gonna have to shop elsewhere. Just when I was completely sold on a bike! ...The search continues!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Every cyclescheme I have dealt with, be it a paper voucher or an e-voucher the customer has had to provide some form of ID
    There is only one Cyclescheme - there are many cycle to work schemes though.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sean88
    cooldad wrote:
    Not sure that's right. I've bought from Paul's cycles online.

Which scheme did you use?
  • cooldad
    Can't remember - it was a while back and we have an in house scheme now but from Paul's site - "You will then need to forward the voucher to us at our shop address along with a copy of a picture id such as a drivers licence as proof of your identity"
    So they do it.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • RevellRider
    There is only one Cyclescheme - there are many cycle to work schemes though.....

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I probably should of said that every cyclescheme order I have processed at work has required ID
  • alan1985
    alan1985 Posts: 34
    Hi, I've ordered myself a anthem x4 from Paul's and they just phoned earlier to take payment for delivery, same as mentioned above re Paul's, (I'm using cyclescheme) and all I had to do was sign and date the bottom, they fill in the rest and send a photocopy of a passport/driving licence ect. But double check if they'll add the 10% or 11% handling fee.
    I think they have for mine as it was on sale-cant wait to rag it around coed y brenin Friday evening, managed to get in a 30miler today even after falling off on the way to the start of the trail on the bloody hand rail by the park, my swearing got the kids and their parents attention :oops: bent brake lever before I'm on the trail and then 30 miles without falling once :?:

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/info/cyclescheme.php
  • sean88
    Okay, since the Rockrider has been ruled out, I need to decide what to get. My employer is willing to join a cycle scheme solely for me, so I'm pretty much free to choose which one. I have a Halfords and Evans Cycles close to me, is there a rule of thumb as to where I'm going to get more for my money or which store stocks better bikes?

This looks decent....i think ?
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuji/nevada-10-2012-mountain-bike-ec031300

and this also: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/gt/karakoram-40-2013-mountain-bike-ec042820

Though i've read good things about the Carerra kraken. Any help appreciated.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    With Halfords offering Carrera, Voodoo and Boardman, all recognised good VFM brands and Evans only coming back with Pinnacle, I'd go Halfords.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sean88
    With Halfords offering Carrera, Voodoo and Boardman, all recognised good VFM brands and Evans only coming back with Pinnacle, I'd go Halfords.

Cheers, based on that it would have to be the Kraken as the look of the Hoodoo is enough to rule it out for me. I'll have to pop over and give one a try :)