Paris Roubaix book

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2013 in Pro race
This new one from Les Woodland is a good read so far

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paris-Roubaix-I ... 487&sr=1-2

Some of the old skool cheating makes blood doping look amateurish.

Loads of details for those who like that kind of thing
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Only £2.65 on Kindle as well, got to be worth a look
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Great find Iain. My kids have kindles but I can't bring myself to give up the tactility(?) of a real book. I've got half man half bike on the go at the moment with slaying the baqdger to follow.

I also like to look at the spines and covers on my bookshelf, you can't do that with a kindle.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Great find Iain. My kids have kindles but I can't bring myself to give up the tactility(?) of a real book. I've got half man half bike on the go at the moment with slaying the baqdger to follow.

I also like to look at the spines and covers on my bookshelf, you can't do that with a kindle.

Nice to know i'm not the only luddite around here.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

Nice to know i'm not the only luddite around here.

I'm firmly in the anti-kindle brigade.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I got a Kindle for Christmas and have read more books in the past three months than I did in the previous three years.
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    I also love real books and have about 500 in my home, but now I have an iPad with both the Kindle and Nook apps and it is just too damn convenient. I can buy a book from home and be reading it in 30 seconds. I can go on a trip and have enough books to last for three trips in the space of an iPad. I do still buy books if I see one in a bookstore that I want.
  • Yellow Peril
    genuine question, can you lend a downloaded book to someone else?
    @JaunePeril

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,974
    I much prefer real books but in this case there is a £8.65 difference in price for the Kindle version so I'll take the cheaper option.
    Where the price difference is a lot closer I'd go for the real book every time.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I refuse to buy "real" books anymore. I only make exceptions for coffee table books.

I got bored with the whole "put them in a book case, 2 years later take them to charity shop" cycle.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    iainf72 wrote:
    I refuse to buy "real" books anymore. I only make exceptions for coffee table books.

I got bored with the whole "put them in a book case, 2 years later take them to charity shop" cycle.

I'm hoarding all mine for the oak panelled library that Mrs Patron has been promised (but shows no sign of ever appearing...)
  • Yellow Peril
    iainf72 wrote:

That's a shame. If you still have any cycling books that you are thinking of get rid of please pm me a list I will happily pay you something plus postage and packing for those I do not have but want to read.
    @JaunePeril

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I recycle my bike books by giving them to friends - but don't get many coming back the other way. Kindle is great - we have 3 plus an i-pad
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • slimreaper
    slimreaper Posts: 738
    afx237vi wrote:
    I got a Kindle for Christmas and have read more books in the past three months than I did in the previous three years.

That.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    iainf72 wrote:

As I've suggested on numerous occasions, iain, borrow them from the library! :)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    iainf72 wrote:

Keep them. A refined fellow must keep an extensive library. If you run out of space, build an extension with your bare hands.