7 to 8 days...

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited April 2013 in Road general
I heard on the radio this morning that the temperature should be back to usual for the time of year in 7 to 8 days!

I know the weather forecast isn't exactly 100% reliable but i'm choosing to believe it this time :)

fingers crossed!
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Yeah I read it should begin to resemble spring by around mid April. So expect loads of showers!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Weather is going to be cr*p until May23rd, then a warm front is going to move in. The warm front will make it's way approx 100 miles a day from the NE of Scootland down to Cornwall, where upon it will remain for a few days.

:D
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Currently sitting out my back yard in Bristol getting some serious rays on the pins 8)

Sunshine and light evenings! Felt like its been a long time coming!
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    I heard that summer will arrive on the 21st June and again the 17th August,then its back into winter.

So,two days of sunshine.Woo-hoo.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Scotter
    Scotter Posts: 52
    Jet stream forecast shows it beginning to move back north of the UK after the weekend. It should begin to warm up then - although it will probably be lashing down and blowing a westerly gale instead of an easterly, like now. :lol:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?acti ... ream;sess=
  • goonz
    Time to get the shorts out! Banging!
  • Davdandy
    Like Scotter said,we haven't had rain,at least here in the North West for a couple of weeks.

My fear is that the rain shall come and in heavy form.But as i live not too far from Manchester we are used to it.We hate it but used to it.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    @southdownswolf... Coming down to us for a holiday .?

Don't you just love that jet stream
  • chris_bass
    it looks really nice out there at the moment but my cycle to work this morning was -2 and strong winds!!

come on spring!!
  • Davdandy
    Just got back from a 17 miler,the sun was great,a little headwind but nothing too uncomfortable.A very nice ride it has to be said and not cold at all.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    goonz wrote:
    Time to get the shorts out! Banging!

Better get shaving them legs,. I said i will as soon as it gets warmer.
  • chris_bass
    Davdandy wrote:
    Just got back from a 17 miler,the sun was great,a little headwind but nothing too uncomfortable.A very nice ride it has to be said and not cold at all.

if that was meant to help, it doesn't!!! :D
  • Davdandy
    It isn't cold at all round these parts,the sun has been out for a few hours now,it isn't the tropics but very pleasant compared to the last few lousy weeks we have had.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Mikey23 wrote:
    @southdownswolf... Coming down to us for a holiday .?

Don't you just love that jet stream

SWMBO wouldn't meet me at JOG, so I am having to cycle from JOG to LE. We will then have a few days to chillout in Cornwall and do touristy things :D

(especially eat a few pasties and drink a few pints of Doombar)
  • overlord2
    overlord2 Posts: 339
    No doubt it will be cracking the flags come the Dales etape and the Fred Whitton, with people keeling over from heat exhaustion. :roll: :lol:
  • goonz
    Snowing here in London right now. Perhaps that warm air is hovering over another part of England... :roll:
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Very unusually cold in France too, even down South.

Light frost in the mornings, then cold NE wind all day, 9'C max, but feels a lot colder.

Heating on full blast, never done that in 9 years......
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    26 degrees and glorious sunshine. Slight sunburn showing in places. Can't wait to get back to the UK....NOT !!!!!!
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • I think I'm starting to get use to this cold weather....
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I started back working my regular job a few weeks ago and have been doing the 12 mile commute into a chill easterly wind three or four times a week, and I must say i've just started to get used to it (today was super cold and snowy), plus, the ride home after a day at work has the wind behind me which has been a bonus... i'm ready for a bit of warmer weather now though
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    Depends on the jet stream. Hopefully the thing will move north to bring lower pressures to the U.K. I'm also getting use to this weather, but extremely bored of it at the same time!