The 'are you off or not' Tuesday thread.

97th choice
97th choice Posts: 2,222
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Off.

No bacons or bad things in house, still snow everywhere and missus is working so domestic duties beckon, followed by a trip to the cinema with multiple offspring.

Bah, meh, ffff etc.
Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
Radon ZR 27.5 Race
Btwin Alur700
Merida CX500

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Not.

Mornin' whippet snatchers and snatch whippers,

As said, in work. Ironic term for it, really consdiering nothing here does. Work, that is - everything is kapput at the moment. It could be a slow old day...... With this in mind, I might head out early and hit the LBS to try and get some more appropriate tyres for the Anthem instead of sitting here 'till closing time. There's only so much thumb-twiddlin' I can cope with!

Might also go and sneak some bacons too, because as the hair-care advert says 'I'm worth it'.

Onwards! To more coffee! And........er.......stuff?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • 97th choice
    I'm contemplating frying some ham as a desperate measure.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Off :) but been dialled in for the last 3hrs doing some reports :(

And a night of no puking kids - bonus

Today is the beach and pub - win.
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Off, always!
    I'm worried, there is a strange burning ball in the sky casting bright light and a little warmth all around, is this the end of the world as we know it? Are we all going to die?
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Not off and this is so unfair as, for once, the weather is quite decent and I should be able to continue my weekend biking for another few days but work always gets in the way.

Back from a long weekend in and around Keswick. Lots of bike time only emphasised the lack of bike time recently and the fall off in fitness associated with it. Too many of the local pies and pints didn't exactly help but I'll need to do something about this slowly expanding lardiness. Lots of bacons consumed over the past week so back to porridge this morning. Its a step in the right direction but just seems wrong.

The first tea has failed to kick in so time for some more.

Later......
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Off all week. Bacon for breakfast. Splendid night ride last night... and more riding this week including another night ride on Wednesday. Just about to put the dry weather tyres on for the first time in nearly a year. Life is good.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Bah, at work and the sun is out, why wasn't it out yesterday. work is gonna be minimal with people off looking after their spawns for easter. No bacons yet....
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    I'm off today, last day mind. I'm glad the sun's come out, I've been off work for the last 10 days or so, and all it's done is snow. I PAY MY TAXES DAMNIT!
    Hopefully today, I'm going to sort the shed out, and then get a little ride in, more a 'getting to know the area' sort of ride. No bacons in the house, but I have sausages. Lots of them, and I'll be making a stew kind of thing when I can be bothered.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Not.
    Busy bee is Busy!
    Lots to do here, now i know i have my job, I dont know what my job is as there's no one left to ask?

Bacons have been consumed.

Now to the emails

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Off, woot!
    Shower, then bacons, then into lbs to find out if they've had any joy getting a demo frame in for me, been looking for an easy way to spend some spends!

Laters...
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Off, but back

Got pretty badly sunburned by misjudging just how hot it was in Malta, but still had a great time and glad to get some warm. Definately will be heading back at some point.

Had news today that the newhouse is pretty much all done and dusted just got paperwork to sign now and then move in about 6 weeks so this means i need to pull my finger out and sort packing up stuff.

Back to wolvo today to sort some bits on the midlands residence, apparently my tennant says she has a damp patch in the front she needs me to sort, fortunately I have a large tool that should solve the problem.

with this in mind, if the good lord spares us and the creeks don't rise I shall converse with you all later

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    off.

till the 10th too....

my birthday, so doing nothing. :mrgreen:

Happy birthday
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    In work. As always. Blooming trains were late this morning. People are stupid. I do not want to have to deal with members of the public today. Really am not in the mood.

Gym later. More running.

Happy the clocks have changed as means I may actually get time to do things when it is light when I get home and not feel like some kind of nocturnal creature getting into the office when it is dark and leaving when it is dark.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Afternoon all.

Not. Been off since the thursday before last so its a bit of a shock. First day back since the clocks have gone forward however so at least when I leave work it will still be light, I would say sunny but that's pushing it.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening mongettes,

Work.. sux... free food awesome!.

CMC ride your bike..

rest of you make me some pie for later

Job done.
  • MissCMC
    I don't want to hear about free food. On the plan as need to get ready for bridesmaid dress stuff. (Although I have cracked and am eating a bag of jelly babies at the moment...) And running because if I don't the Cardiff half will evade me for the third year running...

And you don't get to demand pie.
  • Thewaylander
    I get free food so you will hear that...

Ride your bike.

<-- see this post count.. means i can demand pie and bacon. Though it doesn't mean i will get it :P
  • 97th choice
    If you are a parent, avoid the croods, or use it as a chance to get some sleep.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    <-- see this post count.. means i can demand pie and bacon. Though it doesn't mean i will get it :P
    [grass]Mods! Mods!! He mentioned his post count! [/grass]
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    Haha!

Men get to demand nothing.

And I'm going to ride my bike on the weekend when I go home again (maybe, if I can be bothered to dismantle my bike to go in the car, thinking need a bigger car...) Teach my little bro how to do skids. Anything to avoid making wedding invites.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323

I'll pie and bacon your demand in a minute!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Clank wrote:
    pie and bacon in a minute!
    By Jove i think your on to something!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Afternoon All

N o camera as yet but going out for a night ride later so a sort of half win sort of day
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    bonjour, bon soir et bon fire mon petit pois!

weekend blew a large un as both the bottom feeders and my mobiles died within 24 hours of each other! Same phones, same age, same network! I see consumer based fun in the near future!

In work for the afternoon and had krispy kremes courtesy of the boss as he was d1ck of the month for march........do like em as a one off every now and then!

Right did some one mention bacon pie as i now need some of it! NOW!

Is misscmc making it? Thats what waylander said!

toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Thewaylander
    Clank wrote:

I'll pie and bacon your demand in a minute!

oooo chicken and bacon pie... nom
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,553
    MissCMC wrote:

Oh yes we do - whether we get it or not is another question. Although you may be giving us some clues about why you're single :wink:

Not off - but boss was off with 'flu today so lots of people skived off early. I did too and thought something was wrong - then I realised it was the first time this year I'd left work in daylight :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

Oh yes we do - whether we get it or not is another question. Although you may be giving us some clues about why you're single :wink:

Theres no demanding involved though as whether were "allowed" or not i still just do it.......remember kids no means yes too!

Oh and going back to an earlier comment, trains nothing to do with me this week
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp