New to mtb and some advice needed please

pidy
pidy Posts: 24
edited April 2013 in MTB beginners
HI all.

Firstly just want to say hello to you all and give you a bit about me and what I'm after.

Am 32 male and just about to get back into riding again. I rode trails for 2 years about 7 years ago. I understand that bikes and components have changed a lot since this time.

I am looking at purchasing the Boardman Comp from the well known company that I know some of you will despise, however the bike is at the cost of £585 until tomorrow so need your opinions quite quickly. I am looking to get back on the trails again with the hope of some single track riding too once my confidence has grown a little. What do you guys think about the Boardman Comp for this type of riding???

I know I'm new to all this once again but I have a very encouraging gf who supports me in all I do. As I progress I promise to contribute to the forum giving advice and experience where I can.

Thanks in advance for your replies

I should have mentioned that I will be purchasing through ctw and limited to halfords only.

Comments

• It's a good bike (my mate has one and loves it) but i think that you could get better bikes second hand. On one 456/ summer seasons could be found for around that price and imo they are a load better :D

Hope this helps!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Excellent bike and a bargain at the price.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Buy
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • pidy
    pidy Posts: 24
    Ordered.

Thanks for your reply guys.

I was going to order at the price of £650 until i saw it reduced to £585 then it more or less confirmed that it had to be ordered.

Excited to be getting out on the trail now (like my youngest on Christmas eve).

Thanks again people.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Enjoy!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.