Ghost Advice....

danbc
danbc Posts: 5
edited April 2013 in MTB beginners
Hello all, just joined up - to be honest, being lurking for some months now but thought I may as well join! Currently got an old Carrera Fury '07 model, and a 2004 Echo Pure (trials bike).
I am actually after some advice, I have read a couple of reviews through Google couldn't find anything on here through the search option :( basically I am looking at upgrading from the Carrera Fury to something newer, more versatile and perhaps a bit more comfortable for myself.

I have being looking at the Ghost 5700 AMR, it's the sort of price range I am looking at max really £1800.

Despite a couple of reviews through Google I can't seem to find much information on the 2013 model - as far as people who have ridden this bike, there views etc etc.

Is there anything I should be aware of this on this bike in particular? The Ghost in particular? Or would you recommend something completely different?

Any help is appreciated :)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A link would help.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • danbc
    I assume you mean a link to the actual bike?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=81640
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes.....

Spec hasn't changed since this review
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 0-10-36186
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • danbc
    Oh right, okay, thank you :)
  • p44cmb
    p44cmb Posts: 124
    Not the 5700 you are looking at but, I'm currently riding a Ghost Actinum 5900. Am very impressed with Ghost as a brand. The spec of the kit that I got on the bike for the money is top notch. The bike handles very well indeed and copes nicely with everything I've thrown at it so far which is a mixture of tarmac, trails and a bit of downhill thrown in for good measure.
  • danbc
    p44cmb wrote:
    Not the 5700 you are looking at but, I'm currently riding a Ghost Actinum 5900. Am very impressed with Ghost as a brand. The spec of the kit that I got on the bike for the money is top notch. The bike handles very well indeed and copes nicely with everything I've thrown at it so far which is a mixture of tarmac, trails and a bit of downhill thrown in for good measure.

Thank you for your views, much appreciated :)