Surprised to read this yesterday...

verylonglegs
verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
edited April 2013 in The cake stop
..as it would have made a perfect story for 1st April.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ll-PC.html

I can't help but wonder if a senior officer should take her to one side and quietly suggest policing isn't the right career for her.

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I can't help but wonder if a senior officer should take her to one side and quietly suggest policing isn't the right career for her.

keep her away from the army, think of the money she could make out of an assault course during basic training :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Kerguelen
    Kerguelen Posts: 248
    ..as it would have made a perfect story for 1st April.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ll-PC.html

I've heard of a number of cases where it's not the injured party making the claim themselves, it's their insurance company scattering lawsuits around to try and get some money from whoever can be bullied into handing over some cash.

Said cash is usually understood to be paid out to shut someone up and make them go away, not as an admission of liability.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    At this rate potential burglars will be sueing if they injure themselves breaking into your property.

It's f**kin' barmy. Sorry about the language but I'm at a total loss, it's incredulous. :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    At this rate potential burglars will be sueing if they injure themselves breaking into your property.

It's f**kin' barmy. Sorry about the language but I'm at a total loss, it's incredulous. :evil: :evil: :evil:
    They already do sue
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Made it on the local news & was in what looked like a parking area to the side of the station with a 'standard' kerb up & a gated fence that the PC & the owner walked through to do an external look at the property. According to the owner she simple tripped over, got up & continued walking around the exterior which was cleared & then the interior of the property with the owner.

Surprised she didn't claim the police were at fault following an injury at work & try to claim from them under employers liability.

Either way think its a sad refection of modern life :roll:
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.