New bike

Fil6914
Fil6914 Posts: 74
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Well I couldn't wait for the cycle to work scheme to start at work so got permission off the wife to use the credit card (like we all do lol ) and went and bought this

99840497f800ab4adbdaabc0368c82fe_zps02a31213.jpg

Not the best best I know but certainly more than good enough for what I want/am able to do with it.

I love the colour lol can you tell I'm not into the techie bits ha ha

The only problem I had is the shop didn't have compatible shoes for the spd-sl pedals I've put on it so can't go for a spin on it till I get some :-(

Hope you like it

Phil
Road - Giant Defy 0
Road - carrera virtuoso
MTB - Kona cindercone MTB 1997

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    No such thing as a bad bike, if its got two wheels and you love to ride it, job done.

Does actually look pretty good. Better than the old Carreras. Hope you enjoy many miles on her.

BTW, You do now understand your wife owns your soul after you touched the credit card?
  • stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    Nice colour!
    Enjoy your new bike.
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    I'd have waited and saved some more dough but props, go out and enjoy her mate.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • Fil6914
    Fil6914 Posts: 74
    Didn't matter how long I waited and how much money I saved I intended to spend what I spent and no more. I'm happy with the bike and the spec and love the look of the bike. I ain't gonna win any races no matter if I spent 10k on a bike although those in a position to do that good luck to them

Phil
    Road - Giant Defy 0
    Road - carrera virtuoso
    MTB - Kona cindercone MTB 1997
  • James Q
    James Q Posts: 201
    Nice looking bike, doesnt matter what they cost etc the main thing is just to get out and enjoy the experience :)
  • mbthegreat
    mbthegreat Posts: 179
    It is very attractive, I like how the blue on the rims matches the frame details. Tarty, but pretty cool looking if you ask me.
  • Wacky Racer
    Wacky Racer Posts: 638
    Fil6914 wrote:
    Didn't matter how long I waited and how much money I saved I intended to spend what I spent and no more. I'm happy with the bike and the spec and love the look of the bike. I ain't gonna win any races no matter if I spent 10k on a bike although those in a position to do that good luck to them

Phil

Good man, you don't need to spend a fortune. It looks like a great bike and I'm sure it will give you a great deal of satisfaction.
    Ridley Orion
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Nice looking bike mate,i agree the colours look great.

Now get on the thing and pound those miles. :D
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • pease
    pease Posts: 150
    Nice ne for a first roadie. Id get on the classifieds here or ebay to get some spdsl compatible shoes. Be weary that the size you require can vary between brands though .
    Insert witty signature here
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Luvly looking bike and you will have miles of fun on it.I bought the carrera virtuoso ltd version on a whim last year to get into cycling and it,s been superb and I wouldn,t hesitate in buying another.
    enjoy
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • nmt
    nmt Posts: 88
    Lovely looking bike now go get some shoes and enjoy your riding :)
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    Yay! That'll do just fine. I like the colour scheme too :)

Just the shoes to sort out, again it's not necessary to spend a fortune on them, but don't get them too tight. I would usually have a size 42 (7.5 - 8) shoe, but with my Shimano shoes, I went to a 43 so they didn't pinch my toes.
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava