Cannondale Choice or Perhaps a..

skooter
skooter Posts: 264
edited May 2013 in Commuting general
I'm in the process of gettting a hybid and with the gearing that would suit my riding I'm thinking of a Cannondale Badboy 29er or a Badboy 2.

Any good or bad things with this duo.. the other bike that I think could come into the reckoning is a Sirrus Comp..

Cheers.. :)

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
  • skooter
    Sorry for the later reply supersonic but I've been at work...

Up to about a £1000..

Need a lighter version as I've got lots of hills and a 34 rear cassette.
  • skooter
    The Cannondale 29er dont seem that high in the spec terms...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not too many come with a 34t cassette, but they can be changed if are MTB rear mechs.

Might be worth converting an MTB as are usually better value.
  • skooter
    supersonic wrote:
    Not too many come with a 34t cassette, but they can be changed if are MTB rear mechs.

Might be worth converting an MTB as are usually better value.

I do have a Trek Elite 8.5 that has 46/32/22 front and a 11-36 rear and it is great on hills but could be improved with a set of new wheels and road tyres, tubes, 3 discs and a new 11-36 cassette.
    Just a change over would only a minute or two but not sure on the overall cost?
  • Is this to commute on? If so and you're going on reasonable surfaces you may want to think of a CX bike or something like the Canondale Synapse as ti should make the going a lot easier.
  • skooter
    I'm still thinking and looking at the bikes and one that has come to my attention is the Cannondale Bad Boy 2..

Did have a look at the Specialized crosstrail but its a tad heavier than the Bad Boy 2 and its got 38cc tyres that I'm not keen on.

PS.. Not a commute bike as such but just a general hybrid road bike thats not so taxing as I'm getting old.
  • skooter
    Just an update.. I got a Cannondale Bad Boy 2 in the end.. Brill.