Well i,m no scientist BUT

2»

Comments

• confused@BR
    confused@BR Posts: 295
    In Australia the weather people have just abandoned using historic data, of roughly thirty to eighty years ago, in favour of the last decade or so, for predictions; as the old stuff doesn't match the present state of play. Oddly, the Australian public and it's politicians, seem to have lost any taste for active measures to delay 'Global Warming', too inconvenient.
    'fool'
  • see my renewable energy thread. climate change is caused by global warming. overall we are heating up (is it due to natural fluctuations or mans activity i dont know a bit of both most likely), but its impact will cause different localised situations. not everywhere will warm up.
  • ethanhayes
    ethanhayes Posts: 112
    johnfinch wrote:

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you? You're clearly a part of the global conspiracy.
    Bollocks!

you've blown my cover :lol:
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Well, I'm no scientist either but . . .

We're not 100% sure what effect CO2 levels have on the climate.

We are 100% sure that at various times in Earth's history it has been pole-to-pole covered in ice

We are 100% sure that at various times in Earth's history it has been 15 degrees warmer than it is right now

The weather right now isn't too bad, considering what the atmosphere is capable of dishing up

We are 100% sure that we only have this one planet

Are we really going to keep pressing buttons at random, and just hope that we're not screwing it up?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,659
    Ballysmate wrote:
    A sentence that starts with 'well,' is a sentence that is likely to be rubbish.

Well, I think you are talking sense. :!: :roll:

Definitely rubbish.