Heavy Legs when climbing.

simonscan
simonscan Posts: 35
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Recently been doing a lot of sessions on the turbo with the weather been awful, sessions for endurance & strength/power, I would maybe do a session per day (Mon-Fri) each session been 1 hour long and hopefully try get myself out on the bike saturdays for a 40mile ride. I've felt myself getting stronger each weekend I've been going out, but today was completely different, my legs felt so heavy when I was climbing, it was like my rear brake was on and making it harder for me to climb hills, normally I don't struggle climbing hills but today was really hard, when I got home from my ride, my legs felt like lead weights. My fitness is quite good, my weight is 65kg.
I just can not understand the big change, have I been over training myself on the turbo?

Comments

• pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    Lol legs...please stop worrying the human body is not a predictable machine.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    that is classic overtraining !!!
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Sounds a lot like your over doing it a bit.A rest day is important.I have found when using turbo more than road riding,my legs feel heavy and it,s like you havn,t cycled in ages.

There is no better training than actual road riding,but it,s not always possible to get out.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Mullet52
    Mullet52 Posts: 45
    Most probably have got DOMS(Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) in the legs from training them everyday. Its like if I trained legs everyday in the gym(squats etc) I wouldnt be able to walk all week. No need to be doing it everyday. One day on one day off would be better
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Keep a track of your resting heart rate. I find my lifts when I've been pushing it too hard and need a break.
  • Stueys wrote:
    Keep a track of your resting heart rate. I find my lifts when I've been pushing it too hard and need a break.

+1
    Also can be an early warning for a Virus
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul