Fausto coppi- Any good?

oliver98
oliver98 Posts: 12
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Im looking for my first roadie, and have the chance to buy a fausto coppi gavia bike. Does anyone know anything about them?

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I've got one! I bought the frame s/h off the forum, so I don't know too much. It's alu. with a steel fork, weighs a chunk more than the Fort it replaces. It doesn't have mudguard or rackmounts, there's not enough clearance for mudguards even with 23mm tyres but otherwise makes a reasonable commuter. It all depends on how its built up and what the intended use is and, most importantly, whether it fits. Mine is 56cm, it just about works for me with a short stem and I'm 5' 8"
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Please stick to one thread in one area to ask your question - the site would be chaos if everyone asked in multiple areas
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I've got one, a San Remo - its a beauty - Mine came with full 9sp Ultegra carbon forks and sweet wheels.

Tiny bit bendy under bottom bracket when stamping, but really lovely otherwise. Turns heads and always gets a comment - "long live fausto coppi!" and I got a great chat with an old roadie about his history.

Use it all year round.

I think there is an immaculate one the same on ebay. I have mucked mine up a bit through daily use and a bit of abuse.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Also - I paid 300 for mine, contrary to what nocheckmate said on the other thread. I think they are great bikes.
    Only thing is they don't come with any mounts for mudguards/racks etc. Mine fits Crud Road Racer Mk2 without issue with 23mm tyres

Mine: viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12874597

(Excuse the crap photos)