Sram force 2013

son72
son72 Posts: 22
edited March 2013 in Road general
Trying get hold of this groupset but no one seems to have this in stock , does anybody know where to buy this set from or has anyone bought it from a UK retailer.

I think it's great value for around £700 or is there a better groupset out their for similar price. I'm upgrading from a shimano 5600 105?

Comments

• pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    700 seems steep to me.

Could easily get a mix of rival/force for around £450
  • son72
    I'm so confused just boughts ultegra 6700 and FD for £250 from ribble and upgrade that wanted better cleaner cockpit not wired coming out the side as on my 5600.

Then thought put in abit more cash and buy sram force I'm sure I would get used to the double tap shifters and its under 2000 grams all brand new and got the trickle down tech from last sram red groupset.

That said why not put another £150 in and buy campagnolo chorus would look great on my kuota kharma full carbon Italian bike.

Another couple hundred quid would get me a full ultegra di2 around £1050 great value from ribble.

Is it worth spending that much on a 2007 bike that only cost me £1100.

Then back to the ultegra FD upgrade, maybe could sell the bike for £700 chuck in a couple of grand and get an up to date bike.

So confusing any constructive help, guidance would help
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I would personally get the Chorus for that bike. Campagnolo and Italian bikes go together so well.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • son72
    Chorus would be £880 for groupset, £40 campanolo free hub for mavic elite wheels and about £75 fitting nearly a grand
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I see why you're having trouble now. You could have Ui2 for a little bit more. So it boils down to this question:

Shifting performance or Good looks?

;)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.