Race fit gilets / vests?

thegreatdivide
thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
edited March 2013 in Road buying advice
Looking for a really tight fitting flap free race cut gilet with as few logos as possible, in black and one that doesn’t take up too much space in a jersey pocket. I’ve got a Rapha one that’s the business, but I’d also like one that rolls up into an even smaller ball.

Anyone got a Sportful Ultra Light WS vest?

Comments

• Gore range sounds most likely suspect
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I have a black Mavic Espoir. Raced in it last w'end, it was fine. Rolls up small and is very light.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    I've got the 'Sportful Ultra Light WS' in size XS on order, once it arrives I can let you know what it is like.

I've also got a Craft Elite vest which is a tight fit in XS and black but it doesn't have rear pockets.
  • thegreatdivide
    I've got the 'Sportful Ultra Light WS' in size XS on order, once it arrives I can let you know what it is like.

I've also got a Craft Elite vest which is a tight fit in XS and black but it doesn't have rear pockets.

Thanks for the tips folks.

Who have you placed an order with shamrock?
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    Wiggle.

Unfortunately XS is the only size they don't have in stock and have to order from supplier with a lead time of 1-2 weeks.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-ultra- ... pper-vest/
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    My recommendation would be to get the Gore Xenon gilet, I have the jacket and it is truly amazing, its truly windproof and shower proof without it being boil in the bag.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Castelli leggero?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/craft-elite-bike-vest/

I got one of these recently. Nice sleek fit but price has gone up quite a bit. I think I paid under £50 for it.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    Gore Xenon, perfect :)
  • thegreatdivide
    Thanks again folks. Think I'll buy a few of these via wiggle, try em on and then send em back ;-)