Forum home Mountain biking forum The Crudcatcher

Team Rocket Thursday thread

projectsomeprojectsome Posts: 4,478
edited March 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Yay, today is Friday, in terms of work, but still Thursday.
It ain't half bloody dark out, they seriously need to fix my street light.

today will consist of minimal work, and medium consumption of alcohol, also have to buy more easter stuff and birthday gifts....

no bacons yet
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my censored mood!

Posts

  • RaymondavalonRaymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greeting Maggots..

    Not an overly busy day here today, yes it's "technically a Friday" as ProjectSome put it.
    I have one customer visit then it's countdown to the uber weekend!
    Wishing you all a sun filled day... In Blighty? Yea, right...
  • angry_birdangry_bird Posts: 3,782
    Morning bumders

    Today is definitely still Thursday for me, although tomorrow I'm due to finish at 4 so that's not too bad. Otherwise today is a normal day on placement, should be fun... got to go and see if my stitches are ready to come out later, I suspect not, if not the doctors will try to make me wait until next Tuesday which is way too long. Might have to sort them myself.

    Laters
  • ClankClank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' slackerbeds and lugabouts,

    Yesterday turned into a day of much win, with a morning meeting that featured an unfeasible amout of free bacons and pastries, and a 'eureka' moment working out why those [OBSCURRED] were [OBSCURRED] - bascially they were [OBSCURRED] and [OBSCURRED]. Or in laymans terms 'b*****ed. Simples! Anyhoo, a quick report could be compiled and emailed off. Win.

    Today? Screw it, I'm kicking back and looking busy whilst I count down the days to the new job. I will be working out where I'm riding tomorrow, as folk have been asked not to use the Cannock trails till the snows gone (which it hasn't). Dammit.

    This weekend I will be doing a lot of race-car builidng, as we're still trying to get into the season as early as possible (although we will be missing round one).

    Onwards! To lotsa coffee! And chillaxing in front of a warm PC!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,351
    Morning

    Day of meetings, but with a strict deadline of getting out of here before six as the current wifes birthday continues with a decent meal out with a load of the family and as we are going out at 7.15 and I live an hour away.......

    Then onwards to a weeks holiday :) (with a load of work spread throughout) :(
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

    tired today as i went out for a ride last night and even though there was no snow at my house, there was 6 inches of the bloody stuff on top of the mountain. it was hard work riding through that!

    on the plus side though, the snow left tyre tracks showing us a new DH track that we never knew existed 8) riding it in the dark, snow and on a hardtail was interesting though :lol: i can't wait to get my DH bike on there.

    today is populating the spreadsheet again interspersed with some bacon consumption as it is Friday (well Thursday but you know what i mean :lol: )

    later bumders and bumettes

    oh yeah btw, has anyone else watched that new show plebs? i recorded it and watched it last night. what did you think? :?
  • Greetings fellow crudders

    Last day of the week = win, 12 hr shift = fail, full breakfast will be ordered at 9.00am = win extra black pudding = double win.

    More coffee to be consumed now, not sure if a ride will partake over Easter, was hoping too hit a trail centre but weather may have taken a toll on that.

    The t'other half has nothing planned for us over Easter so much drink maybe consumed in a public house at some point.

    Later people's
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

    cube stereo 2010

    Felt Z95 2013
  • ol\'greggol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Just need to get through until 9pm tonight in work then i'm free for a week and a half. Need to get the bike sorted and off to the Millenium stadium on Saturday to watch some rugby.

    Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Ju off to the Millenium stadium on Saturday to watch some rugby.

    i'd forgotten about that - result :D
  • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
    Hello Chumps,
    Well busy week has been busy.
      Rode Cannock and CyB in the snow over the weekend and monday
      Retained job tuesday
      Track day Wednesday
      Completed and collected keys for new house Wednesday
      Catch up on all the work i've been putting off today :(
      Move bike stuff to new house tomorrow.
      Move house saturday
      Eat Chocolate sunday


      Gotta drive up to ipswich today to meet a customer for less than 5 minutes :roll: then drive back and figure out where the hell i start with the new (see old) job.

      Now where's that fried sliced pig?
      Kazza the Tranny
      Now for sale Fatty
    • thekickingmulethekickingmule Posts: 7,957
      The t'other half
      You're not really from Oldham, are you? Because that ain't Lancashire talk that, me lad. That's them Southern Fairies tryin' to put an accent on!

      Morning Losers!
      Nice lie in today and today is technically the last day of the holiday. I'm glad my work place is now closed until next Wednesday :mrgreen:

      We still have an arctic tonne of snow here, so can't really do much. I'm over to Bury tonight for shoots and giggles, basically because it's Maundy Thursday (Repent, you sinners. Repent!). This of course means fish and chips tomorrow 8)

      Laters!
      It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
      Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
      Blender Cube AMS Pro
    • The t'other half
      You're not really from Oldham, are you? Because that ain't Lancashire talk that, me lad. That's them Southern Fairies tryin' to put an accent on!

      Tha must be jestin fella, oldham born and bred me, northern and proud :wink:
      work hard, play hard, fall hard

      cube stereo 2010

      Felt Z95 2013
    • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,568
      Well it ain't "the t'other" then is is?

      it's typed "t'other alf"
      Advocate of disc brakes.
    • EH_RobEH_Rob Posts: 1,134
      in all fairness poor grammer is a common trait of people from oldham, i reckon he's legit.

      i sense a northern battle coming on.
    • MissCMCMissCMC Posts: 545
      Yet a stack more work arrived on my desk this morning. People seem to think solicitors don't like to take holidays (actually we don't). So two more people have handed in their notice today. File numbers are going through the roof. The sun is out but it's blooming cold out there.

      Trying to decide on a new pair of trail trainers and whether to attempt the Kymin dash at the end of April.

      Apparently there is a bit of snow in the FOD but not significant amount.

      Nothing fun planned this evening but some gym time and then packing ready to go home tomorrow to catch a lift to London for the weekend (taking my pile of work with me so I can wfh).
      Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
    • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
      MissCMC wrote:
      Yet a stack more work arrived on my desk this morning. People seem to think solicitors don't like to take holidays (actually we don't). So two more people have handed in their notice today. File numbers are going through the roof. The sun is out but it's blooming cold out there.

      then packing ready to go home tomorrow to catch a lift to London for the weekend (taking my pile of work with me so I can wfh).

      i obviously don't want to know how much you earn, but is it worth it considering the work life balance? i used to do a lot of audio recording for solicitors and when we finished at 6pm they'd be up all night transcribing and reading the recordings ready for the following day.

      that just doesn't seem fun to me :?
    • pilchpilch Posts: 1,136
      welshkev wrote:
      MissCMC wrote:
      Yet a stack more work arrived on my desk this morning. People seem to think solicitors don't like to take holidays (actually we don't). So two more people have handed in their notice today. File numbers are going through the roof. The sun is out but it's blooming cold out there.

      then packing ready to go home tomorrow to catch a lift to London for the weekend (taking my pile of work with me so I can wfh).

      i obviously don't want to know how much you earn, but is it worth it considering the work life balance? i used to do a lot of audio recording for solicitors and when we finished at 6pm they'd be up all night transcribing and reading the recordings ready for the following day.

      that just doesn't seem fun to me :?

      The mrs is a solicitor, she works lots of hours... but she loves it, I think its the whole thing about arguing for a living that appeals to her - at least it saves me from getting it in the neck... most of the time
      A berm? were you expecting one?

      29er race

      29er bouncer
    • EH_RobEH_Rob Posts: 1,134
      different strokes for different folks. i count birds for a living for gods sake.

      nope, not those birds. the feathered type.
    • MissCMCMissCMC Posts: 545
      Work saves me from having to deal with life and the outfall of that, dating and dealing with all the rubbish that goes with that.

      And money makes the world go round, and without it I can't buy new shoes and clothes and trainers.
      Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
    • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
      MissCMC wrote:
      Work saves me from having to deal with life and the outfall of that, dating and dealing with all the rubbish that goes with that.

      And money makes the world go round, and without it I can't buy new shoes and clothes and trainers.

      so basically you're running away and hiding? :wink:
    • MissCMCMissCMC Posts: 545
      Got it in one!

      And earning money to buy nice things one day when maybe I have some time. All my own money all for me because I worked hard for it and no one out there is worth me.
      Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
    • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
      MissCMC wrote:
      Got it in one!

      And earning money to buy nice things one day when maybe I have some time. All my own money all for me because I worked hard for it and no one out there is worth me.

      your'e going to have lots of cats aren't you?...........................
    • EH_RobEH_Rob Posts: 1,134
      i doubt it, by the sound of it she'll be too busy manically storing money, clothes, shoes and trainers under her floorboards, worried that it is all going to be eaten by rats.
    • KittyKitty Posts: 2,844
      Afternoon all, today is a good day. I'm not officially debt free (minus the mortgage lol), I have savings, i have new wardrobes arriving tomorrow which boy is putting together whilst I'm at work. And the best thing, five days til I can se physio and start training again for this http://www.justgiving.com/Beth-Morton-Swim (yeah I broke my coccyx doh)

      And before you ask who am I?

      I'm Kitty, hell yeah!
    • bg13bg13 Posts: 4,598
      afternoon you aynalbeeds!

      impromptu spicey sesh last night made the morning hard going! finally got home tho! for a few days of loafing, happy days!

      think i'm gonna go to the shops and get, in no particular order chocolate, booze, pig meat, some weird green stuff that is healthy for you!! and more booze!

      trar!
      Loving life in rural SW France

      Orange 5 Pro
      Ribble Audax
      On One Scandal 29er
    • MissCMCMissCMC Posts: 545
      I'm guessing cat's might be involved in my future. Together with horses and a big house in the country. And maybe dogs. No one it seems is brave enough to take me on.
      Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
    • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
      MissCMC sounds like the perfect woman to me,
      Too busy to get in my way,
      Not overly attached,
      Enough money to buy her own shizzle,
      Wont moan when I work late (as she'll still be at work),
      House in the country,
      Likes dogs.

      Whats not to like?

      Come on you single cruddites, bang on her back doors for a date!
      Kazza the Tranny
      Now for sale Fatty
    • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
      I'm also going to have lots of money. But someone else is earning it for me cos I invested wisely. So for my day job I can pretend to look busy while getting paid a semi-decent wage :)
    • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,702
      VWsurfbum wrote:
      MissCMC sounds like the perfect woman to me,
      Too busy to get in my way,
      Not overly attached,
      Enough money to buy her own shizzle,
      Wont moan when I work late (as she'll still be at work),
      House in the country,
      Likes dogs.

      Whats not to like?

      Come on you single cruddites, bang on her back doors for a date!
      Only one point missing from that list:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b65Zf6r-RE
      Whippet
      Bruiser
      Panzer
      Commuter

      "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    • VWsurfbumVWsurfbum Posts: 7,959
      Stevo 666 wrote:
      VWsurfbum wrote:
      MissCMC sounds like the perfect woman to me,
      Too busy to get in my way,
      Not overly attached,
      Enough money to buy her own shizzle,
      Wont moan when I work late (as she'll still be at work),
      House in the country,
      Likes dogs.

      Whats not to like?

      Come on you single cruddites, bang on her back doors for a date!
      Only one point missing from that list:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b65Zf6r-RE
      :lol::lol::lol::lol:
      Kazza the Tranny
      Now for sale Fatty
    Sign In or Register to comment.