New bike saddle

allymillsy
allymillsy Posts: 30
edited March 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi there,

Recently purchased a cannondale sl in 19 inch frame size, the 17 inch frame was a little small, the thing is my saddle is down at it lowest but it is still high up which is leading me to over stretch on the pedals, I've checked the bar and it is at the minimum height on the measurement indicator on the stem, would it be possible to cut off an inch off the stem or would I have to buy another stem, every other riding aspect of the bike is fine, I'm about a half inch out on riding position.

Thanks for anyone who comes back to me

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Can you explain this a little more clearly?
  • Sorry it's the seatpost that is at its lowest but the saddle still seems a little high could I cut an inch off of it so I can sit down and ride with over stretching my legs?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What I THINK you are saying is that the setapost won't go any lower despite having some length protruding and you want to cut it so it will go lower without hitting whatever the bottom it is hitting (usually bottle cage mounts) now?

How tall are you? 6 foot?

Sounds like you should have bought the 17" to me.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Hi 5ft 10, I had the medium frame on my last cannondale it was more a squashed riding position, the position would be perfect on the new one if the seat was down an inch
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You still haven't told us why it won't go down an inch....

Picture?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • It's fine now I've cut an inch off of it, cannondale confirmed they make the seat a little bit bigger so it can be cut to size