Norco Sight Killer B-2

FR0STY
FR0STY Posts: 31
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
For the last 7 years I have been riding a GT avalanche recently I had planned to do a number of upgrades mainly the wheels and fork. I used to do just a lot of XC style riding but recently I prefer to go to trail centres and my new local trail has jumps and drop offs generally AM and DH stuff. My GT avalanche does not feel the greatest bike to do this sort of stuff with its narrow 600mm bars, long stem, short travel and relatively steep geometry. On top of this my knees have begun to hurt when I practice a dozen or so small 2-3 ft drop offs especially if the landing is flat. The combination of all of these things has led me to think that I should get a new full suspension bike.

In particular I was thinking of this bike. The Norco Sight Killer B-2
http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/trail/sight-killer-b/

To me it looks like a good choice because.
  • The sight got great reviews and the feeling towards the 650b version are also very positive
  • Out of the 650b bikes this one seems to be best received
  • It has all the sort of kit I would like e.g. Shimano kit, dropper post, decent forks and shock
  • I think it looks amazing
  • Perhaps a bit more exclusive?
  • I seem to fit well on the bike

So I was wondering if anyone had any views on if this would be a good choice or not.

Comments

• b_real
    b_real Posts: 157
    I have just bought this very bike and while I haven't put it through it's paces yet I can confirm that it makes a wonderful addition to my living room and gives me a massive grin every time I walk past it.
    Norco Sight Killer B

Giant Trance X3 - stolen.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The 26" Sight is a great bike, the only problem is Evans terrible customer service and useless workshop service. They were enough to put me off buying a Norco Aurum.
    650B tyre choice is a bit limited and the 650B bikes I have tried felt no different to 26".
    If your knees are hurting after riding drops then your doing it wrong, if you get it right then even 6 foot drops feel fine on a hardtail.