Forum home Road cycling forum Your road bikes

Tarmac Sport

BigbudBigbud Posts: 39
edited April 2013 in Your road bikes
2013-03-21%2013.23.55.jpg

Not the best photo, would I get away with black bar tape ? The whites grubby already !

Wheels are Fulcrum Racing 7's with Gatorskins to be replaced with some hand builts in a few weeks, spd pedals (for my sins) Elite bottle cages, 90mm Pro PLT stem, 105 Black Callipers, front mounted Garmin 800 with cadence sensor on chain stay.

Posts

  • imsimonimsimon Posts: 181
    its a tricky one as I think the white tape looks good with that bike!

    really like the bike though, I love elite cages look so good for so little cash! will be getting a pair for my bike when its ready soon. enjoy the bike!

    are you that desperate for new wheels? fulcrum 7's are pretty good so I would save your money for now untill youve worn them out.

    would look good with proper pedals! :)
  • BigbudBigbud Posts: 39
    The fulcrums are off my commuter, thought I might get away with used the "axis" wheels on my commuter but there garbage. They really flex a lot !
  • pride4everpride4ever Posts: 510
    its a specialized.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • bristolpetebristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Nice. :D

    Loose the gatorskins though to gain some free speed ! :mrgreen:
  • BigbudBigbud Posts: 39
    pride4ever wrote:
    its a specialized.

    observant :lol:
  • derekodereko Posts: 228
    Looks good! You could definitely get away with black tape, fizik performance stuff is real good (tacky black)
    I'm loving the shesh's these days
  • fuzzbearfuzzbear Posts: 112
    Looks good. As for the bar tape - Black in spring & white for the summer.. :)
  • GabboGabbo Posts: 864
    Too much going on with the magnet, speed sensor, light, and pedals. Maybe remove the bottle cages as well. Obviously these are necessities for riding, but not when showing off your bike. Looks nice in that size, is it a 52/54?
  • BigbudBigbud Posts: 39
    52/36 :)
  • GabboGabbo Posts: 864
    Bigbud wrote:
    52/36 :)

    Sorry, I was referring to the size of the frame.
  • RideOnTimeRideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    yes not the best photo.
    lets have another.
  • BigbudBigbud Posts: 39
    Gabbo wrote:
    Bigbud wrote:
    52/36 :)

    Sorry, I was referring to the size of the frame.

    56 fella :)
  • Take a look at the Fizik microtetec bar tape Black with White Fizik logo..... best of both worlds??
    Wilier La Triestina
    Specialized Tarmac Comp
  • Should have read Microtex
    Wilier La Triestina
    Specialized Tarmac Comp
  • RideOnTimeRideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    More photos... :lol::D
  • GabboGabbo Posts: 864
    RideOnTime wrote:
    More photos... :lol::D

    I agree with this, and he could make a better attempt this time too! ;-)

    Read the layout rules, and then post again. It's clearly a nice bike that's been made to look hideous. Many people tend to do that with low range Tarmacs... :roll:
  • imposter2.0imposter2.0 Posts: 11,385
    Gabbo wrote:
    Read the layout rules, and then post again. It's clearly a nice bike that's been made to look hideous. Many people tend to do that with low range Tarmacs... :roll:

    Stupid comment. Absolutely not 'hideous' in any way, shape or form. The bike looks fine as it is.
  • GabboGabbo Posts: 864
    Imposter wrote:
    Gabbo wrote:
    Read the layout rules, and then post again. It's clearly a nice bike that's been made to look hideous. Many people tend to do that with low range Tarmacs... :roll:

    Stupid comment. Absolutely not 'hideous' in any way, shape or form. The bike looks fine as it is.

    How is it stupid? It doesn't even come close to meeting the specific standards. Heck, the valves are not at 6 o clock, the crankarms are in the wrong positions, he's still got his lights on his bike. Could do with removing the bottle cages too imo. Read the layout and OCD thread.

    Besides, having owned one of these gives me license to mock :twisted:
  • imposter2.0imposter2.0 Posts: 11,385
    Gabbo wrote:
    Read the layout and OCD thread.

    I have. I couldn't give a fck about the 'OCD' guidelines. The only things that matter (to me, at least) are that the bike is right side-on, clearly visible and (ideally) set up correctly. Saddle set-back is a little extreme, but presumably it suits the rider.
  • pride4ever wrote:
    its a specialized.

    For that reason it shall be loved!! :D:D:D:D
  • BigbudBigbud Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    Don't understand why the valves have to be at 6 o'clock, clearly at 12 o'clock the logo's on the wheels and tyres are the right way up :P If I get chance I'll get the Eos out and take some more photo's, I'll take the pedals & bottle cages off but not the Cadence sensor as it took ages to set up :P (light is now off anyway)

    I did take some photos the day I got it but they are no way near "OCD" standards :lol:

    941e317b-9292-414e-a38f-2e938d8728d9_zpsff2ce3dd.jpg

    http://s520.photobucket.com/user/bigjim ... ort?page=1
  • GabboGabbo Posts: 864
    Bigbud wrote:
    Don't understand why the valves have to be at 6 o'clock, clearly at 12 o'clock the logo's on the wheels and tyres are the right way up :P If I get chance I'll get the Eos out and take some more photo's, I'll take the pedals & bottle cages off but not the Cadence sensor as it took ages to set up :P (light is now off anyway)

    I did take some photos the day I got it but they are on now way to the "OCD" standards :lol:

    941e317b-9292-414e-a38f-2e938d8728d9_zpsff2ce3dd.jpg

    http://s520.photobucket.com/user/bigjim ... ort?page=1

    Good lad. I really do like this bike btw as I had one myself. What pedals are you currently using?
  • BigbudBigbud Posts: 39
    Shimano PD-M540's, I commute by bike every day into Manchester through fairly heavy traffic so have always used spd's. I am tempted to jump over to spd-sl's but it means new shoe's as well and I'd rather put the money to new wheels first.

    New Pro handlebars to be fitted as well, the old ones are going on my commuter :D

    Wheels, Ambrosio Zenith hubs laced to H Plus Son Archetype rims or Mavic Ksyrium Elite S's...
Sign In or Register to comment.