LLandegla - Much Snow

shaunlfc1
shaunlfc1 Posts: 132
edited March 2013 in Routes
Hey all,

I have had this Easter biking weekend planned for weeks now but I was just wandering how affected LLandeglahas been with the snow?

Our plan is Cannock on Friday, Natural North Wales ride on Saturday, Coedy-Brenin on Sunday, Coedy-LLandegla on Monday then home.

Problem is my group is a mixed bunch of ability and the ones who do not do snow riding are concerned the weekend would be a waste of time. So I wanted to gauge mid-week what local knowledge of these trails is and our chances of the whole group being able to ride this coming weekend?

Your advice hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaun

Comments

• On One 456
    Cannondale CAAD 10
    Ribble 7005 Audax
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    there was a pic on facebook the pther day of the snow higher than the police landrover!!! i'd say there still may be snow :lol:
  • llandegla is a No No I'd say given the amount of snow they've had I can't see the trails being rideable for the weekend.
    Cannock was also closed as of yesterday
    http://www.forestry.gov.uk/cannockforest

one of my mates took a ride over there yesterday and gave up after about 15 mins as it was completly unrideable.

the only one that apears to have escaped is Coed y Brenin.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    on facebook just now:

"Hi Guys.
    Just a quickie to say its snowing again. We hope it wont amount to much, but currently there is nothing we can do until it stops. Obviously, this means that currently we will remain closed. The access road is still really bad, and has not been touched by a gritter yet. We will update properly once it stops and we can reassess the situation. In the meantime, we have got the webcam working again on the homepage of our site @ oneplanetadventure.com so you can enjoy the view where ever you are ;-)"