No one can be a***d to post Tuesday

2»

Comments

• MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Mine cost £100 for two tyres in December. All the car expense is December for me which is painful. I'm sure when I learnt to drive I could get a tyre for like £20 each.

However currently having to find someone to knock the dent out of the side of my car and repair the chip on the bonnet which has been there since last summer. The words 'Dad's garage' spring to mind. Also my mum declared the inside of it a health hazard. I haven't cleaned it out since getting it about 2 years ago.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    I'm pretty handy with cars and can do the majority of work myself but freezing cold wales and not having a garage mean it's easier to pay someone else so i don't have to freeze and swear whilst hitting things in a 'hulk smash' manner.

But the spending now needs to stop as i really need to move back to Cardiff and out of the parentals (not quite as sad as it sounds but pretty close)
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I remember first filling up at 72p a litre lol...

it's the 17" wheels that cost on my motor, and the insurance is killing but being a diesel it actually does well on the mileage :) get another set of eagle F1 up front as the last set have lasted well and aren't super expensive.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I just go to the garage and play the 'clueless female card without no knowledge of cars' card and then royally ruin their day when they try to pull a fast one as I know more than they want me to. I imagine Dad will present me with what I need to do the job and let me get on with it while standing over me offering advice.

And I'm sure I used to fill my car up for like £15 when I used to drive to and from school each day.

And I'm going to the parentals this weekend to live in the tiny pink bedroom with the Mcfly posters on the wall, as my little brother now has my old room.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    The amount of money cars suck up sounds horrible. I'm 29 and have never owned one.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Try paying £460 for tax on one car £260 on the other and the tyres i dread to think but one of them is going to need replacing soon as its got a slowy and wearing on the edges, but because its 4wd cant replace just one! and to add to that their 20" winter tyres :shock:

But hey, I have a job
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    I had probably one of the worst days ever...

Had to do a french speaking exam today in school. I ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkin hate french!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I turned up not having memorised the 7 paragraphs i had to remember. I remember none. Really, really couldnt be bothered with that, ive given up on french. Teacher went off on one, said he was gonna call my mum, called me lazy and all the rest of it. If my mum gets annoyed, thats my Chucker project delayed for a very long fkin time :/

Then on the way home, had my first crash in like 2 years.
    I saw a drop curb and i was like "ooo, jump!" so i was riding down the side of the pavement, then i went over the drop curb and landed right on the edge of the curb. I lost my balance and the bike went onto the road with the sidewall of the tyre rubbing the inside of the pavement (dont know if you know what i mean or not, but its happened to most people i would imagine) anyway... i smashed into the front of a Ford Ka at full speed. Didnt feel a thing, but was quite embarrasing because 2 people were in cars behind and kinda saw me.

The front bumber had a small scratch on it and my crappy BMX had no damage on it at all! Just straightened the bars out and went on my way with a red face. All i said was "awhhh man!!!" when i fell off. Haha.

Then when i got home i ran up the stairs and got MASSSSSSSIVE cramp down the back of my legs, dont know if anyone else has ever had that. But it happened to both my legs and its safe to say it was probably the worst pain ive ever endured in my whole life...4390586349058349085654689 times more painful than the crash!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I know I pay more tax but with my company car I get none of that and I get a brand new car every 6 months.

Have you tried discount tyres in Cwmbran mate? I think it was £82 for a 17" conti sport 2 there
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Cue terrible teenage emo problems
    haha1.gif

Meanwhile, I saw a bird of prey after it caugt a pigeon! They were about the same size
    8592163985_4b219ed1ef.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Evening bumders

I've managed not to kill anything so far in this placement. Anyway, it was a busy busy day today, was quite fun too apart from a young spaniel that may have cancer, that's kind of unfortunate. Now onwards with revisions (AKA faffing around on forums).

TTFN

Had to do a french speaking exam today in school.

Awww bless, if you'd not learnt it you should have just tried speak English with an overexaggerated French accent and some wild gesticulations thrown in for good measure... if you're doomed to fail may as well go out in style :wink:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740

Had to do a french speaking exam today in school. I ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkin hate french!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I turned up not having memorised the 7 paragraphs i had to remember. I remember none. Really, really couldnt be bothered with that
    Well, sounds like you passed the "English stereotype" exam with flying colours, you monoglotic baboon.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hey Kev sticking with the Eagle F1 superb tyre :) keeps the balance with the front n Rear matching too.