Pedals: Shimano M530
Front Wheel: Hope Pro 2 Evo 15mm with Mavic EN521
Rear Wheel: Shimano XT M756 with Mavic D521
Tyres: Schwable Black Jack
Front Brake: Shimano XT
Rear Brake: Hope Mono Mini
Bars: ControlTech Enduro 4x
Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb

Biggest problem at the moment is that my heel rubs on the chainstay due to me being a bit duck footed. I've ordered some heli-tape to put on the area and some 2cm pedal axle extenders. You can see the mark on a few of the pictures.

P1000578.JPG
P1000579.JPG
P1000580.JPG
P1000581.JPG
P1000582.JPG

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    peter3hg wrote:
    P1000578.JPG
    looks nice, a lot of spacers and angle on that stem, i'm guessing your not 5ft 6'' :lol:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No, XL frame is 22", cranks go 7" down so that's 29", top of that saddle is about 12" from the clamp, so making an inside leg of circa 41", so if he were 5'6" the rest of his body would be about 2'1" tall!

I'm 5'9" and on a 22" frame I have 1" of seatpost showing!

Nice bike, wouldn't fit me though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What is the weight of this build? I have got one to build up and it should come up at a similar weight.
  • chez_m356
    No, XL frame is 22", cranks go 7" down so that's 29", top of that saddle is about 12" from the clamp, so making an inside leg of circa 41", so if he were 5'6" the rest of his body would be about 2'1" tall!
    err yes, i know, my HT is an XL, it was a joke :roll:
  • peter3hg
    peter3hg Posts: 15
    chez_m356 wrote:
    peter3hg wrote:
    looks nice, a lot of spacers and angle on that stem, i'm guessing your not 5ft 6'' :lol:

I'm 6'4". The bike isn't especially light at 28.2lbs but as I weigh over 20st the strength of components is more important than weight. The steerer tube is uncut at the moment so I will probably shorten it slightly at some point to get rid of a few of the spacers.
  • chez_m356
    peter3hg wrote:
    chez_m356 wrote:
    peter3hg wrote:

I'm 6'4". The bike isn't especially light at 28.2lbs but as I weigh over 20st the strength of components is more important than weight. The steerer tube is uncut at the moment so I will probably shorten it slightly at some point to get rid of a few of the spacers.
      i was right then :lol:
      hows the reverb held up, any problems ? been considering getting one for a while, i'm a big guy myself, so any input would be much appreciated
  • peter3hg
    peter3hg Posts: 15
    chez_m356 wrote:
      hows the reverb held up, any problems ? been considering getting one for a while, i'm a big guy myself, so any input would be much appreciated

It has held up fine so far although I haven't had it very long. Only issue has been the hose kinking causing a small piece of the outer to split but that was due to poor positioning of the guide by me.
  • chez_m356
    peter3hg wrote:
    chez_m356 wrote:

It has held up fine so far although I haven't had it very long. Only issue has been the hose kinking causing a small piece of the outer to split but that was due to poor positioning of the guide by me.
    cheers for that mate, makes decisions a little easier :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Yes I realised that :roll: I was just trying to figure just how tall he was!

I know a chap of 6'6" who rides an XL that the seatpost showing makes look like a small in the same way as this one!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Yes I realised that :roll: I was just trying to figure just how tall he was!

I know a chap of 6'6" who rides an XL that the seatpost showing makes look like a small in the same way as this one!
      137475.jpg:D