campy to sram

Little B
Little B Posts: 16
edited March 2013 in Workshop
if i am changing from campy to sram, is it just a case of having to change wheel hub?(falcrum) also have fsa bb386 evo compact crank i have a feeling i may need some sort of adapter? am i missing any thing my mechanical skills are not that great :roll:

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    You're somewhat unclear as to what you're doing. Are you going with ALL new Sram(shifters, front and rear mechs, brakes, crankset, cassette) or are you simply switching rear wheels from Campy to Sram? In other words just what are you doing? :?
  • Little B
    ha apologies i was a bit unclear there, yes i am considering swapping the group set from campy to sram red every thing except leaving fsa crank on board, just not sure what else needs to be done i don't think i can just swap cassette over? and im pretty sure i may need some sort of adaptor for the crank but again i am unsure

many thanks
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Assuming you now have Campy wheels and Campy cassettes and are now going to be using Sram cassettes, you will need to, at the very least, change out the cassette body on all your rear wheel hubs with one that will take Sram - Shimano cassettes(different splines). You can do this yourself if you're so inclined and have the tools and knowledge of "How To". Otherwise it might be wise to get your local bike shops help in this matter. Plus finding cassette bodies that make the swap(Campy hub - Campy cassette to Shimano Sram cassette) is not all that easily done.

As for the FSA crankset I see no reason that it wouldn't work as is.
  • Little B
    many thanks for your help :)
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    If you are running 10 speed why bother changing the cassette. Campag cassette will run with SRAM rear deraiiieur and levers, no matter what the manufacturers say. I run SRAM Red groupset with Campag cassette.
  • Little B
    Its currently 11 speed i think i need to change the chain rings on front, n10 i have been told for fsa slk shimano/sram so im guessing i would then need the 10 spd campy cassette to do what you say? With a new chain? I cant seem to get this part to convert no where in uk has one

Thanks for help and advise