Need a bash guard - 36T

doublem_1
doublem_1 Posts: 266
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
In light of me swapping to a double, I will require a bash guard. And do these come with bolts? Or do the existing ones fit ok? Looking for one in black. probably a plastic one as I prefer them. Max £30.

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    And do these come with bolts? Or do the existing ones fit ok?

Sometimes, and sometimes. The existing bolts should fit ok if you use an alloy bash. Plastic bashes are usually thicker and require longer bolts. BBG bashes are cheap and well made, but alloy.
  • doublem_1
    I guess an alloy one will be ok. I am new to this so don't know the advantages/disadvantages. I will have a search for these and see what I find :D . Thanks.
  • doublem_1
    Hmm, they only come from the states and not in black...
  • doublem_1
    Thinking of getting this. Says it comes with bolts too. Thoughts anyone?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=5357
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    edited March 2013
    Depends what you want really, I use a bash for crossing logs so use an alloy one, for heavier hits use plastic as it transfers less energy to the cranks, but plastic are heavier.

If that is what you want, it's a good choice!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • doublem_1
    Noticed that Blackspire bash is for a 36T ring, mine is a 32T. Will it make much difference?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Nope, just be bigger and will suite if you upsize to a 36t ring!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • doublem_1
    Cheers mate, very helpful :D . Ordered one. Now to learn how to adjust the limit screw!