Anything better than a Boardman Team?

DCC
DCC Posts: 2
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
I am looking at the Boardman Team at the moment, seems good value with 10% off with British Cycling. I used to race MTBs in the late 1990's and then went mostly on the road for a few years then family came along and I stopped for a few years. So I am looking to get back into MTB cycling again. Want a bike to fly around single tracks in my local wood and for a few longer rides around Salisbury plain. I have also brought a bike trailer to take the little ones out for a gental weekend rides to park , picnic etc.. I do have a few old tyres etc from years ago in 26in form and parts etc, have got old spds and shoes. So for around £800 should I look at any other bikes, not sure about 29ers, must be like riding a cyclo cross... Do not want full suspension but would like front suspension. Thanks

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Boardmans are always well specced compared to equivalent priced bikes. But this bike is worth a look - http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s2p4207/CUBE-LTD-2012 - the fork on the boardman is slightly better though.
  • kevinharley
    kevinharley Posts: 554
    Very happy with mine! Its a light, well-specced bike for a decent price.

Converted mine to singlespeed back in the autumn ... and is now even lighter!

So, thumbs up from me ... its better than the wife's Fury, my old Giant Terrago and the son's GT Avalanche (although we're building him up a bike based around an on-one inbred frame ... which I'm looking forward to having a ride of too!)