On One Inbred

Cogsy1976
Cogsy1976 Posts: 143
edited March 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all, just finished my first bike build used most parts off my Cube Aim to build this up but with some new parts ie. seatpost as were different size. Havent ridden it yet as taking to LBS for them to adjust gears and check headset as not 100% convinced its correct

Happy with the way the bike looks, just cant wait for some better weather to try it out!

Comments

• cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    Nice one.

I was thinking of getting an Ibred frame to build a bike from parts I have. Whats the frame quality like? Weight?
  • ben.465
    ben.465 Posts: 15
    Looks awesome, I am a big fan of these frames
  • Cogsy1976
    Cheers guys, yeah cgarossi you should buy one! I bought the slot dropout so can swap to single speed if I wish at a later date (may do for the winter!) I personally think the build quality and finish is really really good, its fairly light as well haven't weighed it but I would say must be around the 30lb mark, for a 16in frame its fairly big as the top tube is pretty long.

Im a big fan of UK bikes so had to buy it!
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    That looks great! I was interested to see this - I've got a 14" example of that frame in my loft, which I'll be building up in a couple of years' time (with rigid forks and most of the parts off my Hardrock) for my eldest little boy.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Cogsy1976
    Cheers, I should of really gone for the 14in (according to On-one Sizing guides) most of the parts from this came off a pretty new Cube but I really fancied a steel hardtail so sold the Cube frame for the same money as I bought this one for.

Pretty pleased with it, not everyones cup of tea, but I like it, I do like the skinny frames. I do have a full sus Vitus that I use on the rough stuff and this is a pretty good XC bike, think you can put upto 120mm forks on but mine is fine with 100mm.

Post a piccy up when you have yours built.
    :D
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    Looks good. Good value you too. I was looking at getting a Marley frame but to be honest I like the sound of a skinny tubed bike.
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    Nice looking bike,

I have a work in progress running 130 forks and it handles well. A good frame, pretty heavy in comparison to alloy equivalents but they apparently handle abuse pretty well.