Carrera Fury

trancetek
trancetek Posts: 83
edited March 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi I need to upgrade my bike as chain start slip on cassette and BB start be loos.
Can somebody help me with decisions ?
The bike is Carrera Fury 2008.
I looking for cheapest replacement method/ parts.
I have to replace:
1.Cassette
2.Chain
3.BB our whole cha inset as biggest CHAINRING have to be replaced (I thing is truvativ five D)
4.CHAINRING ( as I said on point 3)
5.Rear brakes pads for Juicy 5.

Sorry for any mistakes in writing.
I will be grateful for help.
Regards
Seb

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    All standard parts (Fury is a powerspline BB), go and buy the parts that suite your budget.

Parktools will tell you how to fit them, you'll need a powerspline compatable crank puller.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Cheap but good?
    Deore cassette for £15
    KMC X9 73 chain (with link) for £11
    not sure what BB you have - so can't help with that
    Always get my pads from Superstars - packs of 4 £18-£25 depending on whether you want organic, sintered or kevlar - all are good
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I would say, don't spend money on that crankset- it's a brilliant bike, that Fury and one of the ways they made it so good was by saving money on disposable bits. But the BBs wear stupidly fast. Deore at £50 with all new rings makes more sense to me than £15 for a short-lived BB and £20 for a big chainring. It will be a slight upgrade but also will save you money in the long run.

Cassette- any shimano one is decent, the expensive ones can shift slightly better but it's mostly just weight. Spend as much or as little as you want.

Chain- second Bartimeous, X9-73 or X9-93 are great value.

Likewise pads- Superstar kevlar are the best allrounders I've used, at a silly price.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Powerspline off my mates Banshee lasted ages, same spec as the one on the fury, but yes a Deore HT2 is a usefull weight saving for not much more money if you buy everything new, however chainrings can be had for pennies used.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • trancetek
    trancetek Posts: 83
    Hi, Thank You everybody for help.
    If I go ahead and bay Dore chain set witch Option/ size will fit carrera fury frame?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They are a universal fit. Though you'd want 42/32/24 chainsrings.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    You'll just want to measure the bb shell to see if its 68mm or 73mm. The bb can cope with either size, but spacers are needed (and included).